Add Signatures To The Bottom Of Posts

Signatures are an awesome feature on forums, and I would love to see this implemented on MPSocial. Its a great way for me to add some useful snippets of information, and who knows what else.

the only problem I have along with many others is that Signatures can get pretty messy, and make the forum look tacky. So if you proceed with this, maybe something simple with some restrictions as to what can be added. Maybe just plain text without the ability to add gifs, and other pictures would keep things clean looking.

Just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately this forums script doesn’t have that option :slight_smile: So even if I considered adding it I could not. I read on their forum (discourse) and they talked at length about this and decided never to add such a feature in order to have the community concentrate on the discussions and not the creating of posts to get more traffic via signature links.

2 Likes

Darn! Well I guess no signatures.

I was wanting to add a a signature to tell users to stop private messaging me with their questions and instead create a topic since the chances of others having the same questions is high, and it allows me to help more than one person at a time. Right now I am just pasting a pre-written reply to those who PM me with questions stating this. I guess ill just continue with that method :smiley:

If the feature does become available, they could disable links which would solve that issue of users generating more traffic.

Haha, so I am not the only person they do this with :smiley: I also get a lot of pms, most with quite general questions, not sure why people prefer to do it that way…

1 Like

Plugin here.

1 Like

Hahaha, unfortunately you are not the only one! I receive over 10 PMs a day with general and random questions from “How can I automate my social media accounts” to “Can you tell me your secrets on how you run your businesses”. This is a forum people, not one-on-one support :smiley:

People dont like to read, or filter through posts. They like direct answers custom written for their specific needs. In other words lazy :smiley: This is why the MarketPlace would be great since users can offer one-on-one support as it seems to be in high demand.

OH! I hope that works!

…nudge…nudge…@JOHNNY

so we can sent a pm for the top secret shit @Johnny and @BrandonBerner? Good to know;)

…if only there was a dislike button!!! :-1:

2 Likes

I agree with you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haven’t gotten into adding plugins yet, it’s not that easy on this platform as it’s on wordpress for example, you need to re-compile everything from the server in linux and the forum will have a downtime while doing that, also not sure what kind of options they give for the admin or the user, i’ll see maybe i’ll create a test forum and play around with this first…

1 Like

YAAAAA! Best of luck with your testing :smiley: