Clean or not befor grow

I have an account with 1.5k followers not really active.

Should I block them before start grow it or I leave them to give it a bit of authority?

Thanks

1 Like

Purge them all.

1 Like

is there softwhere we can use to purge ghost followers? i tried an app once but it only allowed me to do it on one account.

Pretty sure @florin22xxl is being sarcastic here (hard to tell though :smirk:).

It definitely doesn’t hurt to leave them at first, as I’ve noticed the first 1000 followers takes a long time to get before you build up authority. However, the probable lack of engagement from these users is another issue entirely… It’s up to you, but I would keep them.

I had some bad experiences with restarting accounts so now i always start fresh from 0.I would block all of them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah that’s why I asked. The bottom of my followers list are the oldest ones right? I may purge manually while I grow

I would do same. Better starting on a clean slate.

I understand what @EmpireNetwork means. Sometimes the starting point is much harder. But with the recent article I wrote here based on my experience, I would purge.

Better to start on a clean slate.

Keep account, rename and use it to promote new one when it gets bigger. Keep them separate for now until this one, not new one gets around 25k and start liking and commenting with new along with shoutouts

I would block everyone, I did that with a dead account of mine and having real engagement definitely helps it grow more, but it’ll be a long process.

In the long run I would delete them. However, to start with you could also consider whether the social proof of having some followers on the account to start with will benefit you or not? (Ie whether people are more likely to follow back because others have, or if they are less likely too when nobody else is.) if you decide to keep them, what you could do is scrape the usernames of existing followers now and then once you have a few hundred to a thousand followers then block them all using the scraped list. That is just an alternative option to consider if you did want to keep them for a little while.

1 Like