First Post! - The Results of A Little Research (tl;dr provided)

Hey everyone!

(tl;dr provided at the bottom for convenience)

Well, I recently purchased MP after my trial, and I’d like to start by thanking everyone who has posted useful information. :slight_smile: This program is absolutely amazing (despite a couple of pain-points; I’m either missing it or it’s impossible to avoid following people multiple times, for example, or to have multiple comments for Geo-Locations [solved that myself]). I already can’t picture trying to manage an Instagram profile without it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyways, I just wanted to take a second to show other potential newcomers what a little bit of reading, common sense, and research can do:

Disclaimer I have a bit of a coding background. I coded quite well (about 7 languages) from age 10-14; I’m 20 now and between my increasing workload and starting small businesses for passive income, I kind of faded out of it over the years. I didn’t come at this from scratch

I’m opening up a small e-commerce business soon and I decided to start building a social media presence before-hand. As of right now I’m beginning with Instagram. After playing around with settings a bit, I tried to mimic what a real human would do for the most part and that has worked well so far. To further this effort, I devoted some time over a couple days to creating what I consider “my perfect comment spintax,” but what is that to me?

Well, I found that creating multiple comments over the same set of keywords didn’t really provide me a random enough distribution of comments to my satisfaction, so I chose to create a single, relatively short comment, that would be similar to what a human would write (which would always be quite unique, but still similar in nature when a company is doing it). I decided to go with a deeply nested structure with as many reasonable variations as possible. This is when a variety of thesauruses come in order (Hint: Also find slang thesauruses. I found many applicable words there!)

By using many nests (both separate and nested within each other), I ended up with a single comment that could generate many different comments of varying sizes and emojis that can fit into pretty much any picture post. I decided to limit myself to pictures so that I could find a variety of synonyms for it {video|film|clip|etc}. Having this section be larger than simply {post|content|etc} can be pretty helpful. According to sp1n.me, my one post has 1.459599964807887e+33 (or one decillion, four hundred fifty-nine nonillion, six hundred octillion). I think I did a decent job; definitely worth the effort into research!

I also hand-assigned probability distributions to every single component within each nest to make everything realistic (not entirely random; favors certain emojis and sections to be displayed more than others and can display multiple types of nests each with their own variations and probabilities. I went a bit crazy with it). There are so many useful resources all over Google (and this forum in particular). The comment function has helped me attract a particularly engaged audience, so I urge other newcomers to invest some time into researching and creating the right comment structure :slight_smile:

Here are some of the results (I chose the most generic ones; I don’t want to give too much up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. They get much more unique and some are longer/shorter):

Spectacular photo. :eyes: :grin: :pushpin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
:heart: Great pic! Thx for displaying!
:yellow_heart: Awesome pic! :heart_eyes_cat: :heart::two_hearts:
[FIRSTNAME]! Wonderful. :grin:
:fire: Cool. :man_dancing: :heart:
Hello! Super pic.:blush::crown:
On-point foto! :innocent::green_heart::green_heart::blue_heart:
Fab! :fire:
:100: Enchanting image! :green_heart: :smiley_cat: :heart_eyes:

tl;dr: Hi, I’m new! :slight_smile: 2 days of research, created single comment that creates multiple comments with a custom, realistic probability distribution—with a variation count of one decillion, four hundred fifty-nine nonillion, six hundred octillion. New users should take advantage of the variety of resources around the internet and especially this forum. Do your research and invest some time into it! :smiley:

EDIT: Added some results
EDIT 2: Added more results

6 Likes

Great Post :wink:

The comments are very good for a great engagement, i know this but not with
:yellow_heart: Awesome pic! :heart_eyes_cat: :heart::two_hearts:

or the other short 2 words comments with a lot of emojis. :wink:

Nice, you did really good with the comment. That’s what everybody should do that want to do comments. There are many that don’t take this step seriously and after a couple of days come asking what’s wrong.

Thanks for a nice share, btw :wink: and welcome to the community !