COFFEE WARNING! You will need more than one cup of coffee if you plan to read this entire topic!
For those that do not want to read all of this, then I recommend TurnKey Internet's Dedicated Servers for the best performance. I personally use them and I have never been so impressed!
Its time to answer the age old question "What VPS / Dedicated Server Should I Get?". My inbox has been getting flooded with messages from members asking me this question so I though I would minimize the amount of private messages, and answer this question once and for all
Disclaimer: It is impossible to recommend the BEST VPS / Dedicated server for Your exact needs. In this guide, I will do my best to outline the pros, cons, of VPS's / Dedicated Servers and my own personal experiences so you can make an educated decision. In addition, there may be some technical points not addressed to keep this as simple for those with little technical knowledge.
First, lets start with an analogy / example which I will reference to throughout this entire guide to make everything easy to understand. Imagine an hotel. The hotel represents a Dedicated Server. Now inside the hotel there are many rooms (sub-sections) that different people rent. Each room represents a VPS.
Lets proceed with the guide; starting with the basics!
What Is A VPS?
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. A VPS is a super computer somewhere around the world that you and many others can remotely access from your own computer using RDP, Teamviewer, AnyDesk, LogMeIn, and other remote desktop software. They are designed to run 24/7, and run anything from software, websites, any anything else you would use your own computer for. Some people use a VPS at work or school to bypass websites that are blocked by your work or school such as Facebook, YouTube, and or other un-productive websites. Others use it to look at adult websites so their own computer does not get viruses, or their wife does not catch them. As mentioned above, a VPS is just a second computer that you can use for virtually anything. Unlike a Dedicated Server, a VPS is the most affordable solution since a VPS is basically a Dedicated Server split into smaller servers to save costs.
What Is A Dedicated Server?
A Dedicated Server is the same as a VPS with a few BIG differences. A Dedicated Server can be remotely accessed from your computer, and can still be used like your own computer. The only big differences is that a Dedicated Server has LOTS more power & memory, and it is not split into smaller servers (VPS). When you rent a Dedicated Server ONLY You have access to it. Its like owning your own hotel, with no rooms (sub-sections). Only you have keys to access the entire hotel. You essentially have lots more room for all types of activity. You have the option to create sub-sections (splitting power & memory), or to keep it one big ass open area (full power & memory). You can choose to install any operating system of your choice (ex: Windows 7, Windows Server. Linux, MacOS).
● You personal computer may not be powerful enough to run all the accounts you have added into MassPlanner
● You may not want to keep your computer running 24/7
● You can access the VPS/Dedicated Server to manage MassPlanner at school, work, on your smart phone anywhere you go
● Your personal computer may not have a fast enough internet connection. VPS and Dedicated Servers have a much faster internet speed and bandwidth.
● You dont have to worry about your kids, wife, or animals messing around with your mouse and keyboard accidentally making changes to MassPlanner that could get your accounts banned.
True story: My cat waled on my keyboard and got my 57k Instagram account banned by somehow changing the daily post limits to 1,000 instead of 10. Luckily I was able to recover it!
● Save on your electricity bill
● No need to replace failed hardware on your computer as often.
● You have a dedicated computer for running MassPlanner that you can access anywhere around the world that has an internet connection.
● You dont have to worry about the VPS/Dedicated Server randomly restarting if their are updates.
If any of you are using Windows 10 then you already know that it will download and install updates then restart your computer automatically. There will be a prompt with a 15-30 minute timer, and if you are not looking at your screen in that time frame it will restart itself automatically and all your unsaved work is gone! You CANNOT stop it! Thanks to this horrible un-stoppable feature of Windows 10, I have lost weeks of hard work. F**K You Microsoft!
● Affordable For Everyone
● Great for small scale operations if you are a beginner
● Support is more helpful because its managed by the provider
● Every VPS provider has different rules & regulations. If you do not follow the rules, they may terminate your VPS, and block you from purchasing their VPS in the future. They may terminate your account if your CPU or RAM is constantly at 90% or higher.
● Some providers will split the Dedicated Server into lots of VPS's to make more moeny. The more VPS's on one Dedicated Server, the slower the VPS will be for everyone.
Some hotels may lower the size of the rooms, to increase the amount of total rooms.This means there will be more people in the hotel, and there is a much higher change there will be a party next door preventing you from sleeping. There will also be more people in the hallway which will make it harder to get into your room
● Some providers do not monitor the activity of other users on the same server as you. This means that someone else on the same server as you may be abusing the server, which will cause your VPS to fluctuate in performance, or possible cause your VPS to be inaccessible for a period of time.
● All VPS's use virtualization which can cause MassPlanner to lag, or have delays between actions. Virtualization also wastes CPU and RAM.
● Perfect for large scale operations if you have lots of accounts in MassPlanner
● You own the entire server. It is not being shared with anyone else so you do not have to worry about people abusing the server and slowing it down.
● You have little to no limitations so you dont have to worry about your server being terminated if you are constantly using 90% CPU or RAM usage.
● NO VIRTUALIZATION! Your CPU, RAM, and GPU are not virtualized. This allows MassPlanner to run much smoother, and does not waste precious CPU or RAM.
● You can install any Operating System if your choice.
(ex: Windows 7, Windows Server. Linux, MacOS).
● You have more time to focus on important things like family, friends, and making money. There is little that can go wrong with a Dedicated Server (unlike a VPS)
● Less Affordable (still affordable for most people)
● Most Dedicated Servers are self managed (unless you want to pay a crazy amount extra). That being said support will not help you with maintaining your server. They are only responsible for ensuring you can remotely connect to the server. Good news is that there is little you need to do to maintain the server. If something does go wrong, and you dont know how to fix it, you can ask for help on MPSocial, or you can just get support to re-install the Operating System on the Dedicated Server (you now have a brand new Dedicated Server that is working perfectly).
Important. The more accounts you add into MassPlanner, and the more pictures you post daily will require more RAM
Important. Do not be fooled. CPU's that have more cores are not always faster than CPU's with less cores.
Not very important
● Network Speed
Its recommended that you get 1gbps speeds
● Monthly Bandwidth
_If you have lots of accounts posting lots of pictures every day, you will need lots of bandwidth. Providers that offer unlimited bandwidth are not being 100% honest. Yes its true you get unlimited bandwidth, however once you reach a specific amount, they will start to limit (slow down) the speed.
● Type Of Hard Drive (IDE, SATA, SSD)
_SSD is the most expensive and you usually get less memory, however they are much faster! Some providers allow you to add an additional hard drive so you can have both SSD & SATA. Its recommended to have MassPlanner and your operating system installed on SSD. and all your files like pictures on the SATA hard drive. Its not necessary though.
Final Notes Regarding Server Specifications
VPS's & Dedicated Server's all have different specifications that make them hard to compare with different providers. I wont be explaining the different types of RAM, CPU, or GPU since there is a ton of factors which determine the true speed. You cannot determine the speed simply based on the Memory Size (GB), or Clocking Speed (GHz). Instead its recommended that you see what servers other MassPlanner members are using. You want to ask them what provider they are using, what server they have, how many accounts do they have added, what actions are the accounts preforming, and what is the average CPU and RAM usage.
Learn More About RAM, CPU, GPU Speed Factors - Warning Its Advanced
Stay away from "Budget" or "Economy" servers. Its just a polite way of saying the servers have old outdated hardware that has been heavily used and is about to die. In some cases they will also limit other factors increasing complications in the future.
It is nearly impossible to recommend any provider that I have not tried personally. That being said I will only be recommending servers that I have tried that work perfectly.
To begin, MassPlanner recommends GreenCloud to get VPS's from. I personally have never tried them since their pricing was higher than other providers. In addition, reading the forum I noticed that not many MassPlanner users are actually using GreenCloud (Anyone correct me If I am wrong).
I have tried 14 providers in total, and I am currently only using 2 providers since their hardware, price, and speed are great!
I am using ChicagoVPS & TurnKey Internet.
I took advantage of ChicagoVPS's Black Friday sale ($10/month for 4GB RAM VPS) their price is now is $30/month.
I am in LOVE with TurnKey Internet's 64GB RAM Dedicated Server which is what I use on a daily basis. (They have a sale right now for 50%-80% off). I occasionally run up to 1,000 Instagram accounts and need the power this server provides. Plus because it is a Dedicated Server, its not shared with anyone else so I get the all the power of the RAM and CPU. In addition the hardware is not visualized (unlike a VPS), So there is even more power & less problems with lag with MassPlanner. On this server I have made multiple user accounts. User #1 has an installation of MassPlanner, User #2 has a 2nd installation of MassPlanner, 5 other accounts running other automation software, and I have 1 other account which I use as a secondary computer for researching, and or storing large files I dont want to keep on my main computer.
Turnkey also offers VPS's and lower memory Dedicated Servers. If you choose to get a Dedicated Server (Recommended if you are going to continue to grow), get the 32GB RAM server. It has the same processor as the one I have which is 64GB RAM, and will allow you to have hundreds of accounts with lots of memory to spare.
If you do choose the Dedicated Server option with TurnKey Internet, send me a private message, and I will teach you how to save $25/month.
The reason why I recommend the Dedicated Server over the VPS is the fact that they run so much smoother. This will eliminate lots of time lost in trying to solve problems that occur, thus giving you more time to make more money instead. You can also install other automation software on the server to use up the remaining memory to get your moneys worth. The automation software I am running is making me $350/month which pays for the server, MassPlanner, and all my proxies. The automation software i use is unfortunately private.
When choosing a VPS or a Dedicated Server you need to future proof yourself. Most people continue to expand the amount of accounts added into MassPlanner the longer they use it so it would be pointless to find a VPS / Dedicated Server that can match your usage. You want to purchase a server that can double the amount of usage. This way your VPS / Dedicated Server is only running at 50% so everything runs smoothly, and leaves you room to expand without having to constantly upgrade, or transfer to different providers. My guess is you are using MassPlanner to make money in some way, shape, or form. The more accounts you have, the more money you will make, so this is another reason for upgrading the amount of accounts added into MassPlanner.
Bottom line, if you are committed to continuous growth, and making money, then get a Dedicated Server. The amount of time that you will save is well worth it.
hope this was useful
Click Here - List Of Proxy Providers
Click Here - Choosing The Right VPS or Dedicated Server
Click Here - How To Migrate Your Current Installation Of MassPlanner To A New Server
Click Here - How Many Social Media Accounts Can Your Server Handle
Click Here - Learn What NOT To Do
Click Here - Cheap or Expensive Domains & What To Choose.
The BrandonBerner Coffee Fund
If you found this topic useful, and or if it saved you lots of money and time, then feel free to contribute to my coffee fund. There is NO obligation!