How did @sunnycoclothing go viral? (+600K in 1 week)

As many of you guys know, a month or so ago the account @sunnycoclothing went viral with a “free” product offering that gained them about 600K followers in a span of 1 to 2 weeks.

Has anyone figured out how they did this?

They had about 5K followers prior to going viral and i don’t think them just posting the giveaway post had enough traction to make it explode as it did.

Did they buy powerlikes? Paid tons of other big accounts to post simultaneously?

Any ideas would be appreciated !!

4 Likes

It was all “Instagram 101”, they had their own engagement groups, bought shout outs etc. They had feeder accounts for likes and comments, and probably botted pretty hard to right up to when they went “viral”. IG contest are nothing new, nor are shoutouts etc. Just read the Foundr guide to growing an Instagram and follow that method. It’s a lot of work, you need a good theme (hint, hot chicks in bikinis and free things is an easy market).

Unfortunately, since that went viral, you’ll likely have a much harder time in duplicating their success, as so many people tried it right after.

The main takeaway is the method, and hard work.

4 Likes

Don’t underestimate the power of “FREE”.

“EVERYONE that reposts and tags us in this picture within the next 24 HOURS will receive a FREE Pamela Sunny Suit”

It has everything, FREE, a timelimit. The photo itself wasn’t bad, so nice to repost.

I am trying to grow an account and was thinking about giving away a book collection to new followers, maybe offer with a paid advertisement. But books are nothing compared to a red swimsuit…

4 Likes

How do you know that they had their own engagement groups and bought shoutouts?

And what do ya mean they had feeder accounts for likes and comments?

Thanks so much for replying!!

1 Like

This is the first FREE giveaway that went viral like this …

1 Like

Don’t you think I make a chance with books ? :smiley:

1 Like

Not a chance with just 1 post of FREE books.

All of this has been debated in depth here - How to gain 700k followers in a day (!) & then lose 200k within 5 months 😏

2 Likes

This is not the first free giveaway that went viral.

1 Like