How To Grow Your IG Account Fast Using Hashtags

I didn’t go through all of your hashtags, but you use one that has a whopping 77 posts, ditch it.
Many of the tags you use are still too big for you. The average likes are well above 1,000.

You need to use lower tags, try them for a week, if they work, keep them, if they don’t, use different ones.

When you start to hit top 9’s with 50% of the tags, then you can start adding in higher level tags. Think of them as a pyramid, Getting featured under one exposes you to X new followers and helps you get likes, getting featured under another does the same, so on and so on. Thats the base of your pyramid.

When the pyramid is high enough, the higher level tags come into play. You can’t go from tags that have 500 likes average to 2,000 likes average tags. Start small grasshopper.

2 Likes

Hi @BrandonBerner thanks for everything bro, my bookmarks are full with your topics and reply :wink:
My account has like 500 follower (yes i’m newbie in IG marketing) and I know now that i have to use only less-popular hashtags (less than 100k posts)

• And for my case do you recommend to use hashtags more less than 50k or there’s no problem if I use # that have total posts between 100k-50k?
2 Likes

Hi @BrandonBerner
About: hashtags in other languages…

I’m on a local market for renting my house for up to 30 people in Europe.
90% of my customers are DUTCH speaking.
Instagram-account fermeduchateau 3700 followers.

I think I should concentrate on the dutch hashtags instead of the english one.
Problem is that numbers of posts are like 500 to 10.000 for every hashtag.

Should I work like you proposed it here but with lower counts, or a mix of dutch/english.

What use is it to have international followers who can not give me any return, by staying in my house?

Happy to hear :smiley:

Normally adding hashtags to previous posts do not make a difference

• Unless the hashtags you used, had less than 10 new posts/day

Great! Working like it should :slight_smile:

This is a perfect example of my limited exposure thesis (sorry guys, had to say it). First let me say there are many different levels of extremes for limited exposure. In this case its quite mild. Basically your account has received some sort of limited exposure penalty for doing something wrong, or for having low engagement rates. As a result, your featured post can only receive X amount of views or engagement before its removed from the feature section.

Click Here and Click Here - To learn more about limited exposure and how to grow your account more efficiently.

My guess is that the featured posts received more engagement on that specific hashtag from other accounts. This would make the Instagram algorithm think its a more relevant worth featuring post.

2 Likes

Haha happy to hear it :smiley:

the amount of posts it has is just one factor to consider. You also want to look at how much likes your recent posts have. Lets say each picture averages 100 likes. Then search each hashtag you want to use, look the pictures in the top post feature section.

• If there is a picture under the Top Post section with 0-150 likes

• Its a good hashtag to use

• If there is a picture under the Top Post section with 151+ likes
    *Its a bad hashtags to use right now.

1 Like

You want to use whatever hashtags get you the most exposure and engagement. This will help your account grow and increase your engagement rate. If your engagement rate is high, your account will receive more exposure, and thus more potential customers.

I suggest using english hashtags. Or 90% english 10% dutch

Use your follow tool filters and sources to target dutch people instead.

• Follow based on common dutch words
  • Follow based on GEO tags (locations where people speak dutch)
  • Follow the followers of other accounts containing a high amount of dutch speaking people
  • Follow the followers of other house renting accounts on Instagram
2 Likes

I have average of 500 likes a photo. Currently my pictures are getting featured on all my lower hashtags (around 450 likes per photo)

But for some reason, I’m not getting featured on the more popular (their in the 250K - 500K range with about 700 likes) hashtags.

How long does it generally take to see results? I just started these new hashtags yesterday and posted twice with them.

You need to do a few things. Since we don’t know your niche/posts/hashtags I would suggest the following:

• Make sure you use 25 of the hashtags that you are getting featured under.

• You want the hashtags to be related, but not 100% identical. What I mean is, if you look at some posts, they use 30 hashtags for let’s say #food, and are just a sub branch #food2 #foodisgood so on and so on. You want to be a bit more niche specific as well. #donutfood #deepfried #newyorkdonuts.

• If you are getting featured under all your level hashtags, perhaps you should filter your next level hashtags by average, not the minimum likes.

@BrandonBerner and @MojoJojo should be able to confirm or deny what I have said here.

1 Like

Got it. Maybe it would help if I gave the link to the specific post:

Instagram Post

The hashtags are in the comments.

Not quite but almost 250 k

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/streetstyles_gf/?hl=en

Ok, at this point I think you are just using this thread/forum for exposure.

You use many hashtags that are 2 million plus, that would be stage 4 to you. You need stage 2. Replace all of the stage 1 tags that don;t work, You are indeed hitting the 200k+ tags with the post. Best of luck to you.

1 Like

I think some of your hashtags are out of reach. The firsf one I checked out was igstyle and the min likes for that was in the 1600s which is double and more than what you have.

I would do a bit more research.

Also keep in mind that none of this is exact science. Min likes are relative and never super acurate. It also depends on how fast you get the likes, where they come from, comments and much more.

Follow what @wortime has suggsted above and test test test.

3 Likes

@monacojones I would just suggest buying @MojoJojo’s service/strategy and following it to the letter. And he is right, it is not an exact science. Use what works, and replace what doesn’t. Stay away from those huge tags though. 2mill+uses are gigantic.

2 Likes

Ok, at this point I think you are just using this thread/forum for exposure.

Lol! I don’t think most of the people here are my target audience. I’m just here for help.

I like it when people give me details so I assumed posting links would help.

BTW, Do visitors even read this far into the thread?

I would just suggest buying @MojoJojo’s service/strategy and following it to the letter. And he is right, it is not an exact science.

Thanks, I didn’t know he still offered this service. I sent him a PM.

Use what works, and replace what doesn’t.

Got it! So far, I have seen some growth, but not 3-4X as much as Brandon Berner mentioned.

That 3-4 x comes a bit later. It’s not an overnight thing. Do you use MP to grow your IG? Your socialblade shows that you need to grow a little bit.

I have never tested or tried either @MojoJojo or @BrandonBerner’s service for hashtags. I do it all myself and with very good results. I have often dreamed of outsourcing it to them, but I just can’t right now.

Details are key, they help us all help you back.

You would be shocked.

1 Like

Thanks for responding!
I read your postings regarding limited exposure. I am not sure why IG would apply this to me. I am using a very conservative approach. make 2-3 positing daily with hashtags. MP is set up to like, follow, comment a max of 30 per each activity. My IG is growing so slow. In the past month, I have gained about 140 followers. I have a fairly new account and at this rate, it will take me years to grow to anything substantial!

Awesome man thank you so much for that!

1 Like

ohhh yes, we do. It’s alive so we read :wink:

2 Likes

Great post , i use it on some new accs i have and they get follows and Many likes even if they don’t have even 300 followers !(my posts are videos so people engage).My problem is , is there a tool that seperates the popular # from less popular ? Or just you choose which kinds of # to show for a certain word/niche ? At the moment i seperate manually.Thanx !

@BrandonBerner

I think i follow this story a little bit. I have 2 accounts (within hardstyle music) @ franktuit 18,7K @ hardofyourcity 13,2K

I already use follow/unfollow strategy for a few months and now i was reading your story about a hashtag strategy. When i started my engagement was over 5% but it is getting down. average of 500/600 likes.

But i don’t really understand the hashtag strategy, in hardstyle the biggest hashtag are #hardstyle & #defqon1 (1 million & 100K) but the rest is far below 100K. So do i have to post always 30 hashtags under my picture? It also looks a bit spammy. Can you please help me a bit?

Thanks already!

One of your accounts is set to Private. Posting hashtags is pointless on a private account, since your picture are hidden.

The other account of yours is set to Public which is good. However your posts dont contain 30 hashtags.

From what I can see, you did not read this guide all the way through, and you did not apply what you learned from it. Please re-read and try again.

3 Likes