How To Grow Your IG Account Fast Using Hashtags

Makes complete sense :slight_smile:

What about leaving the ability to edit the content of a topic available while keeping editing posts (after specific time) disabled. I have a few topics that I need to add more information in such as my large hashtag list, my polls topic and some unfinished tutorials.

Iā€™ll take a look at those options, but i think if youā€™re level 3 you can edit them, canā€™t you?

1 Like

HURRAY! Yes, with level 3 I can edit all my topics. This is my favorite feature of level 3 haha.

1 Like

I lied @Johnny !
ā€¦So apparently I am not able to edit all of my topics (only the more recent ones). If you have time to look into these options and possible add the ability to edit all my own topics (regardless of how old they are) would be awesome :slight_smile:

Please can you help me
I have Instagram account for beauty and fashion can advise me about which hashtags should I used
I appreciate your help

Iā€™m having the same ā€œunsuccessā€ with the hashtags as @nickyzee.

I always use 30 hashtags, many unpopular and few popular/very popular.
I get featured in the top post section of about 10-20 hashtags (in the range of 50-500K) a couple of times it happened with popular hashtags (500K-2M), but donā€™t get that many more likes or followingsā€¦

Might be because I still have a low follower base (5.2K now), so Iā€™ll keep using this technique (it makes logical sense) and see if eventually it will pay.

(fitness niche - private account)

Thereā€™s no one that will spoon feed you with this, everyone has limited time and wonā€™t do your job for you. There is a lot of high quality information on this forum, read it and learn to do it by yourself, thereā€™s no other way if you want to succeed.

1 Like

Hey man, great post!!

Can I pay you for the hashtags that will help me grow my funny niche account? It currently has 2k real followers.

Awesome article. What is the best way to find relevant popular hashtags?

Hey @Rick Im sorry to hear you have had little success with this method.

Your account is private, so your pictures WILL NOT appear publicly using hashtags.

There is no point in using hashtags if your account is private.

I have noticed that Instagram changes the duration of how long your picture remains featured.

It looks Instagram will remove your picture from the Top Post section if:

• If the picture stopped receiving enough likes
  • If the picture stopped receiving enough comments
  • If the engagement rate of your account is lower than average
  • If your account has a recent history of reports
  • If you are posting to many pictures every day
  • If you are completing to many social actions each day

I have noticed pictures remain in the Top Post section for as little as 1 minute, and as long as a few days. The duration of time your pictures remain in the Top Post will change how many new followers you get.

Google "Hashtags for [ENTER NICHE HERE]

Or you can find other accounts on Instagram that are posting the same type of pictures, and copy their hashtags. Keep doing this on many other accounts until you have a large list of relevant hashtags.

1 Like

lol sorry. When I wrote ā€œprivate accountā€ I meant that is a personal account (about me) and not that is set as private, it is public of course.

Hereā€™s todayā€™s example.
I posted a picture 8h ago, I have 5.5K followers, as of now I have 674 likes and 21 comments.
Of the 30 niche hashtags I used I am still in top 9 of:

• 1 semi banned hashtag

Didnā€™t end up in any top very popular hashtag unfortunately, but anyway almost all of my new followers come from follwing/unfollowing, there is no sensible change thanks to being a top post. Sometimes I stay ā€œtopā€ on the less popular ones for days tooā€¦

As I said, it makes sense, so Iā€™ll keep doing this way, maybe when Iā€™ll finally hit the top9 of a popular hashtag the results will come.

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah been doing the latter. Like the google idea. When in doubt, google it out!

1 Like

Well that changes everything :smiley:

So weird. I gain followers even using unpopular hashtags with under 50k posts on them.

Take a look at this post:

Try logging into another account you own, and see if you can find your pictures in the Top Post section.

I have noticed that Instagram will limit your exposure in the Top Post section. Sometimes you can only see your pictures in the Top Post section on the account which posted the picture. This means that no one else can actually see your picture in the Top Post section. If you cant see your post in the Top Posts on other accounts then you know that Instagram sand boxed your Instagram account.

1 Like

Good idea. I just tried and there is a differenceā€¦ I am still in some top posts, but not as many as I see from my main account.

So does this mean they suspect I am doing something not legit?
Or could it be because in the past (while still following\unfollowing\liking manually) I got temporarily blocked like 5-6 times (it is a 5 months old account)?

I am surely not being on the safe side with MP settings, but Iā€™m doing it because Iā€™m not getting blocked. But if this is influencing the way my pics are displayed I might benefit from using safer settings (less follows\unfollows, but I might make it up with the boosted followings from being a top post).

Any experience?

@BrandonBerner I actually experienced this problem where Iā€™m able to see the that my post is on the top but itā€™s not publicly on the top posts.

Anyone know how to avoid this problem?

1 Like

BINGO! Your in the dog house!

Basically it all comes down to keeping your settings human like.

DISCLAIMER: Some believe that as soon as you use MP, your are no longer viewed as human. Others believe that you are viewed as a human with conservative settings + some strategic filters.

I personally believe that my accounts are viewed as human like, as I am conservative with my settings. I have had no problems with these settings, and my accounts are growing at fantastic speeds with high engagement.

I completely disagree (please take no offence).

Here is why:

1. Instagram was designed based on the sole purpose to get exposure and grow by interacting with others (liking & commenting), and posting your pictures using hashtags. Instagram was NOT designed to follow thousands of people every day, and un-follow them to grow. In a sense consider growing your account by posting pictures as a White Hat Method, while Following/Un-Following is a Grey/Black Hat Method. The White Hat Method raises ZERO red flags, while following to many users will raise many red flags. If your looking for long term account stability then White Hat is the way to go.

2. You are limited to how many users you can follow every day. Lets say the maximum follow amount is 1,000/day. This means the maximum reach your account will have is 1,000. Not to mention you are forcefully trying to get followers this way. When you post pictures and get featured your reach is WAY BEYOND a 1,000 reach. Un-Popular hashtags get thousands of views every day. Times this by 30 hashtags, and you have a minimum reach of 30,000. Now imagine using popular hashtags! Your one picture would be seen by MILLIONS. In addition you are not forcefully trying to get followers. They are choosing to follow you since they are genuinely interested in your account.

Furthermore, when you follow (and expect a follow back) the person following you will feel like you owe them something. You followed them, and they followed you. Things are even. Now you want them to engage, so you need to engage with them in order for them to return the favor. They will like your pictures, and if they see that you are no longer engaging with their content they will un-follow. Worse they may continue to follow you but do not like or comment on your posts destroying your engagement rate one user at a time. When you get followers from posting a picture, they followed you because they like your content. These followers are more than happy to just receive daily posts from your account, and are less likely to expect anything else in return. That being said if you do like their pictures, they will enjoy it more since they do not expect it, and therefor are more likely to feel happy and engage more often with your posts.

The amount of followers you get from following/unfollowing is so tiny compared to the amount of followers you will get from posting pictures with the right hashtag strategy.

2 Likes

Its quite common. Instagram is sneaky with all their sandboxing. They will do it in a way you the account user has no clue.

The best advice I can give you is make your accounts appear as human like as possible.

Hey Jeff, great to hear, but how do you find which hashtags to use? Ive never found a single free app that lets you see what hashtags are best for your nicheā€¦

Hey @BrandonBerner thanks so much for the useful post ! Iā€™d like to try your strategy with my insta account >15k followers + 400 - 1000 likes per post. But i just donā€™t know which hashtags to use? How do you find your niche hasthags? Im making music, but other musiciansā€™ instagrams are huge, and as you said, they only use one hashtag which is irrelevant for me.

Is there a free app to find your niche hasthags? How do you find the Less Popular, Semi Banned, and Popular Hashtags that are right for you?

Cheers !