[HOW TO] plan your social media campaigns, the process and downloads

Hi everyone, this is my first contribution!

In Facebook groups, I find that people need help in this subject as they don’t know how to set up certain processes in starting out with a client and moving forward with managing and creating their social media campaigns. So I thought I would share some of the documents I use to do this. I hope you find this useful, do let me know!

All the documents spoken about are within a folder in Drive for you to take a copy, this will be at the bottom.

First up, I get some simple information that is vital in finding out what the companies goals are, who the audience is and how/where we will reach them. It looks very simple but it really focuses your energy marketing to the right people.

Tip: You can have more columns than just 3. I have provided examples, you can message me if you need help.

Files are called:
STEP 1 Business Strategy Worksheet & example
STEP 2 Customer Strategy Worksheet & example
STEP 3 Marketing Strategy Worksheet & example

Next, I would research and brainstorm to come up with a strategy. These worksheets are a bit messy, forgive me, it’s a working copy and I would not show these to the client.
Files called; Research + Social media research

What I then do is put the main information into a slideshow to talk with the client on.
File called; Social media strategy

Skip to ‘you won the job’ I first write a weekly brainstorm on the content I will write to check with the client that I’m on the right lines and also to jog their memory that they also need to participate and tell me key dates etc. This also serves as a time-saving task prior to me actually writing the content (so I don’t spend time writing posts that they don’t want).
File called: Content Plan Brainstorm + an example.

Then I will write the weeks posts in Drive organised under the tabs to separate the different platforms, themes and types. I use colour to change posts so I know they have been ‘used’ and ‘re-posted’. I keep this worksheet as my hard copy so that I don’t lose anything and can use evergreen content again. I show this to the client to agree to after explaining what it is for.
File called: ‘asset library’.

All images that are used, will either come from the link or an image we have created which would be in a folder to view, organised weekly.

After a while, clients don’t refer to it anymore because they trust in what you do.

To keep clients ‘involved’ I put processes in place to collect info that would be beneficial to their campaigns e.g. new reviews/testimonials, company news and any other business I need to know. They also need to be asking customers ‘where they heard about them?’. They need to know where their business is coming from (and for your success).

I do monthly reports. The first month will show screenshots of their accounts and analytics before I started.
I sign them up to Klout.com to show how I have improved their ‘popularity’ and analytics for all accounts.

Tip: You can start a table of top influencers for Twitter that ranks for different industries (not suitable for everyone) and I love to show how they have climbed up! Create Rank Tables

A couple of other free tools I use;
To provide CTA on curated content - www.snip.ly
Curated content on auto - www.quuu.co - this would be a great addition to MP!
To find the best hashtags - www.hashtagify.me/
Blog post on sharing Twitter moments http://quuupromote.co/blog/twitter-moments?ref=quuu&utm_content=bufferb2197&utm_medium=social&utm_source=plus.google.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Tips; use symbols and emoticons carefully (but do use them) as they look differently on different platforms and devices.
Make sure the client has Google Analytics set up to view your fab work in bringing traffic!

The folder on drive To view all documents mentioned please keep this to yourselves, I have spent my whole evening writing this post and organising the files.

I’m just in the process of re-launching my business but I have been doing this 4 years. I would be happy to answer any questions and hope it helps 2017 become more organised and prosperous for you all!

“I’m in for the Giveaway”

13 Likes

Wow, very detailed and really organized, definitely like it, thanks for the share @VirtualAssistant . I am not sure about the others but I do know I have to become more organized as soon as possible :smiley:

Great share & good luck !

1 Like

Excellent post @VirtualAssistant.

My main Achilles heel is one of organization. Things seem to get away from me sometimes and it’s a helluva time waster to pull everything back together. I appreciate your time and thought and sharing your strategy.

Thanks for contributing this!

:+1:

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley:

I’m glad it’s useful!

I recommend you take a look at LinkedIn Learning, you get 1 month free and can take as many courses as you like in that time. https://www.linkedin.com/learning
You might find; ‘Overcoming Procrastination’ and ‘Time Management Fundamentals’ really helpful! I gave these to one of my VA’s and he’s productivity has doubled because he’s now more organised.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Hey @VirtualAssistant. Thanks for that link to linkedin.com/learning.

I knew that LinkedIn bought Lynda a while ago but didn’t really check it out. It seems it’s the same content as Lynda, which is a great good thing! Lots of good stuff to be learned on there for people.

Tip: Where I live (Las Vegas, USA) the library system is pretty on the ball. Lo and Behold when I went and got a library card it came with a free Lynda Membership as long as you have a library card (which is also free). So I think if you live in a place where you have a good library system it may be worth your while to go see if they have an agreement with LinkedIn/Lynda to provide free access. You don’t have to be at the library to use it. You can login at home,work, Ipad etc…

2 Likes

Wow, you’re lucky, I’m in the UK so we don’t get an offer at all. Yes I’ve been taking the courses and I like that it’s fast-paced (I get bored with most video training) and short bursts.