Not really an MP related... but wanted to ask the staffs/devs/admins

found out that you guys are using discourse for this mpsocial forum…

also found out that you guys are on digital ocean…

Just a couple of questions… if you guys do not mind…

at the current users of MPSOCIAL… are you guys still on the $10/month cloud server?

The reason why I am asking is because discourse is pretty new… and looks really good… I have been using vbulletin… and is very resources hog… and want to try discourse…

It’s not new, it’s been around for quite a lot of years and yeah it’s amazing. We’re on the $20/month plan from digitalocean but that’s just because i wanted it to work smoothly, it’s around 30-35% proc . I’d say give it a try, it’s definitely better than vbulletin.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Johnny… that’s pretty cheap… you only have mpsocial.com on this cloud server right?

also did you pay the $99 one time fee to have someone install it? I am looking to install it myself… lol

nevermind… I went ahead and installed it myself… and I got a $10 free from discourse also… so my first month on digitalocean is free… lol

I just purchased a new domain and 30mins later… BOOM! I got a new forum… as cool as MPSOCIAL…

:smiley:

boom 5mins later… broke the site… just because I wanted the https… LOL

SSL

Encrypt communication to and from your website using SSL.
Note: SSL certificate issuance may take up to 24 hours.

nah, can’t be cool as mpsocial :smiley:

:smiley: you see? :smiley:

1 Like

:slight_smile: well I see you figured it out, good job. It really is a great platform to have a forum on. And yes, only the forum is on this droplet.

1 Like