Ogads Conversion Rates

Ok folks, I must be doing something wrong here.

I’ve followed about 1000 ppl so far, all followers of “prize winning” niche, but not even 1 click in Ogads, let alone conversions??

I mean, not even a click to the offer?

I’m using 3 insta accounts. For 1 of them, besides following ppl, I also send them a DM to click on my bio to win a prize. For the other 2 accounts, I just follow ppl as @Adnan mentioned.

I wanna say that in my day job I’m a PPC manager for a large agency. I’m familiar with CTR and conversion rates.

Here, I’m not even talking about conversions in Ogads, but simple clicks. No one out of 1000 ppl clicked?? That can’t be true. I must be doing something wrong.

I checked the links in my bio, they all have my Ogads affiliate ID in them.

Not sure why I’m showing zero clicks

Anyone making a few dollars with Ogads, thoughts? @Ogads

Thanks

Can you give us more details about your account? What profile image did you upload? Did you upload any post relating to your niche? Do you have a CTA from your bio? Also, what’s your niche?

You can PM me your IG username and I’ll check if you want.

Are you talking about clicks on your Bitly link? Or are you talking about clicks for your offer?

My biggest guess is that it would have to do with your landing page. But it would be good if you could measure all the details on your account. There is going to be a big difference between how many people click on your bio link compared to how many “Clicks” are showing on OGAds.

That’s because OGAds is only going to show when someone clicks on the offer. So in my case… Someone has to click on my instagram bio, click another button/link on my landing page, then see the available offers and click one of those too before OGads will update any stats.

But it would be nice first if you could measure the traffic clicking on your bio link.

1 Like

I agree with @samiejg put some kind of 3rd party tracking on your url so we can see if people are click on the link in your bio. Once we can confirm that there is some traffic clicking the link that we can start to figure out where we are losing the people is it because there are too many pages to get from ig to the landing page ect.[quote=“samiejg, post:4, topic:7300”]
That’s because OGAds is only going to show when someone clicks on the offer. So in my case… Someone has to click on my instagram bio, click another button/link on my landing page, then see the available offers and click one of those too before OGads will update any stats.
[/quote]

This is a very good point

3 Likes

And you work for a ppc :joy:

Thanks @euhero.

Ogads offer: Iphone 7 giveaway

Targeted niche: followers of coupon sites & followers of target.com (ppl who are frugal and most likely would want something for free online)

CTA in bio: Win and Iphone7 today! Click link in my bio

Method:

Following @Cryogenesis 's method, I did’t upload any pic, to reduce the risk of banning.

No profile image, no pics, no posts. Just a bio description and link to the affiliate offer.

Now, I personally don’t see how can someone go on my profile, see nothing, and still would want to click on my link in the bio…I’m just following what cryogenenis had mentioned in his extensive and detail post.

I guess the next step would be to make the account more credible and real, with pics, info, posts, etc…

Instagram keeps banning my goo.gl and bit.ly shorteners, so I had to use my full ogads link

Today I actually got 1 conversion and made $0.23. I’m rich!!! :smiley:

Thanks @samiejg, makes sense. So “clicks” for Ogads are not clicks on my link (for that I would have to use a tracker), but after a user lands on a locker and actually clicks on it.

I’ve tried to use goo.gl but IG tends to block those.

What tracker do you guys use?

I guess I could use the tracker I’m using for my PPV and PPC campaigns, CPVlab?

Thanks,

L

Sorry, forgot to reply to this.

Anyways, personally I use bit.ly and sometimes goo.gl.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think it effects the account negatively as I think they’re only going to look at where the link is pointing to.

I wouldn’t think they would block bit.ly. There’s so many people using it, even huge accounts.

1 Like

Targeteting the correct audience is important. Start small with just one account analyze your CTR to your bio link. Get it as high as possible then focus on your Landing.

Expirement targeting different audiences to click your link. Think of the time you will be spending as an investment for the future.

So just expirment with targeting audiences and getting your CTR up. You shouldn’t care about conversions right off the bat. Just start off targeting the correct audience and getting many clicks to your bio links. Then optimize from there.

Sure you might not get some conversions cause your LP isn’t optimized and you instead focused that time on targeting, but if you did indeed learn to get a high CTR due to learning how to target correctly then you should have no problem replicating that CTR with another niche.