Pinterest not Unfollowing?

I have a Pinterest account with 2500 followers, and 9000 followings. For some reason the followings have been slowly creeping up and I keep trying to make adjustments, but makes no difference, and now it’s just incredibly high.

I’m using automatic follow/unfollow on the unfollow tool with the following settings:

• 450-500 per day
  • Stop unfollow tool when having less than 4000-4000 followings
  • or when followers/followings is greater than 0.85
  • or when there are no more users to unfollow
  • Not using any user filters :stuck_out_tongue: I feel bad unfollowing people that followed me

But… everytime I start the unfollow tool it automatically shuts off after a minute (assuming to use the follow tool).

Is there something I should know about when using Pinterest? Or any suggestions for trying to get it going? I guess I could just make MP unfollow everyone, but I dunno… just never done that before and I feel bad doing it lol I could be wrong but I feel like it would be to stay connected with the people that continue to follow me.

Edit: Whoops… Hold off on this for a moment… I’m a dummy… It has been slowly creeping up, but I just moved MP over to a new VPS… and forgot to whitelist my proxy IPs :laughing: Maybe that explains why Pinterest can’t find anyone to unfollow.

Edit 2: Ok the issue is still happening. Updated my IP and made sure I can access all the proxies on my VPS, but it doesn’t seem to be unfollowing :frowning:

Check your Follow results, see if all users on the list are unfollowed. If they are and you still have a lot of followings, you need to import users you followed manually - check that box in Follow results and import them.

1 Like

Didn’t really understand what you meant by that. So I went in and ran the import tool anyways. But after reading through the results now I think I understand it… Just gotta look back through the older results and look for people followed that didn’t follow me back… So I will check that after the import finishes :smiley:

The problem is though I’ve never manually followed people before :stuck_out_tongue: But I have been having a lot of issues with my previous VPS, so maybe that could have caused some issues.

For example, MP could be running for like 1-2 days straight, but every action shows that the embedded browser crashed (but continues to do actions). So maybe it caused some sort of mixup with my accounts.

Ok ok I think it’s good now :slight_smile: Just had to do the import, and now the tool is unfollowing.

I think I understand the results better now too, and it was infact showing that everyone was being unfollowed. But I think because of the crashing that something wasn’t working right with the tool.

Thank you!

1 Like

OK, great. I’m glad you sorted it out.

Darnit… It ended up removing a couple hundered users, but then stopped again. :frowning: So I tried running the tool to manually import users and set a scheduled timer of 12 hours(set to scroll the followers page for 10000 seconds), but it still doesn’t seem to be working. It’s only unfollowed 2 people today.

Going to try “Update Followed Back” and then see if that makes any difference.

Do you have anymore suggestions if this doesn’t work?

Edit: It seems to be happening to all of my Pinterest accounts actually :frowning:

I may be having a similar problem. Was having a regular, daily 500 follows, 500 unfollows (approx). Over the last 7 days or so my unfollows now fluctuate between 0 and 170 while follow amounts remain the same. Why so few? I don’t know.

I’m sorry I don’t have an answer. Just seem to be noticing a similar tend.

You haven’t had any previous issues with embedded browsers crashing like I did, have you? Maybe I will try contacting the support to ask, and let you know what they say.

I have a feeling because of the crappy VPS I used to have… it was cause embedded browsers to crash for days. So maybe it logs in and follows the account, but then the embedded browser crashes and fails to log what MP has done.

But… then I would think importing users manually followed would fix that… But no :frowning: