If you are sending me a Private Message, please follow the formats & guidelines below to ensure the fastest responses to your messages.
- Confirm that your message deserves to be private
- Write a detailed title
- Use symbols in your title
Step #1 - Do you really need to private message me?
Most questions that I receive privately, are ones that the community can answer also. You should always ask the community first by replying to a topic, or creating a topic of your own seeking help. I'm not the only smart one on the forum. You can always tag @BrandonBerner if you want me to reply to your public message.
If your question is regarding something I wrote on the forum, then reply to that forum post publicly.
Check to see if I have already answered your question CLICK HERE
If your message does not fit the above criteria, then proceed to send me a private message.
Step #2 - Write A Detailed Title
Dont just write "hey, or hello".
The more detailed your title is, the faster I will reply to your message.
Step #3 - Use Symbols In Your Title
Depending on what you are messaging me about, please add one of the symbols below into the beginning of the title of your Private Message.
$ - This tells me that you have paid, or are planning on buying something from me.
? - This tells me you have one question.
?# - This tells me you have more than one question. I will now know that this message will take extra time to reply to.
% - This tells me that your reply is off topic. This will have a low priority for responses.
! - This tells me that your message is very important and needs a fast reply.
+ - This tells me that your message is a compliment, or a thank you for my contribution on the forum.
Examples Of What Your Message Title Should Look Like
$ - Buying Hashtag Research
? - How do I create lots of email accounts?
?# - I need help
% - Hey What Type Of Coffee Do You Like?
! - I noticed someone copied your guide and uploaded it to their website.
+. Thank you so much for being so awesome!
If you do not use any of these symbols, your messages will be replied to at the very end.
What Not To Do
Do not keep on sending me message after message in attempt to catch my attention. It will automatically place your messages at the back of the line.
Do not create a new message asking if I received your previous message.
I will purposefully make sure to respond to your message last
Do not abuse the ! or $ to attempt to catch my attention. Only use them if you are being genuine.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Did you receive my PM?
- Yes, If you send me a PM, I will receive it. I read PM's in the order they were received in. This ensures that everyone is responded to with minimal delays. If you have sent me a PM, and have not yet received a reply, it is because I am still replying to PM's sent before yours.
Is BrandonBerner your real name?
- Haha, No. BrandonBerner is one of many aliases I use.
(All those pointless Brandon Berner google searches gone to waste )
Why Do You Use Aliases?
- To protect my privacy as much as possible. I have created fake businesses, and names to prevent people from finding out who I truly am.
Is The Address On Your Donation PayPal Account Yours?
- How dumb do you think I am? Of course not. Its the address of my high school bully
How Much Money Do You Make?
- I make enough money a year to buy 4 unicorn's.
Why Are You So Active On The Forum?
- When I am not expanding my businesses, I am helping others on the forum. I love helping others, and it makes me feel better about myself also knowing I am paying it forward. I also learn lots on the forum every day. The more I contribute, the more others contribute, and the more overall knowledge everyone learns (including myself). Lastly writing out my own knowledge helps me remember them easier, and recall them at the right times.
Why Do I Have These Rules?
My inbox has been getting seriously flooded, and I am getting a bit overwhelmed. In addition, there are some people complaining about how long I take to reply to Private Messages which is uncalled for.
Some messages require just a minute to reply to, and some require much more time. Since I cannot tell how long it will take to reply (without opening it), I do not open any messages unless I know I have a good amount of free time to read them.
With emails I open the message, read what its about, and If I do not have the time to answer, I mark it as unread or flag it. This way I know to go back to it when I have enough time. The forum does not offer this feature, so I must treat all messages as if they require lots of time to reply to.
Does anyone think this is taking it to far?