Banned from explore and story hashtags?

funny thing…albums have fewer likes but higher reach. I use them in 5 of my accounts each post. they 99 percent of the time hit explore in the 10k or higher. they also help the account grow faster than single posts. I shoutout my privates via them and all grow., good choice.

2 Likes

I’m doing the same with my personal profile that awesome growing 800+ followers daily for start is not bad

2 Likes

@Alexnvo I’m really intrigued with your NO hashtags strategy!

Are you doing anything special in the IG post descriptions?

Are you focusing on keywords instead of tags?

Do you have a long or short description for each post?

Anything special on the CTA?

nothing out of the ordinary. in my captions I simply tell them
’follow @anotheraccount’. the content does the jub, along with likes
from my other accounts.

@Alexnvo I’m not using any banned hashtags at all, but my post still don’t show up on the hashtag recent page. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Nevermind, I had one banned hashtag… It was the first post on that account also.

1 Like

My account has not been showing up on the explore page either. I will check impressions and it will say explore and then it disappears.

I haven’t done any follow or unfollow tactics or bought followers and have a pretty loyal following of 236k.
Does it end up in other?
Hashtags do well for me.
But can’t seem to get my impressions and reach back up. They are a fraction of what the were 6 months ago.

it is not only you, accounts across the board also are affected. This feed is god awful in ER. My smaller accounts are not as bad as my bigger ones – 100k and up, however follows are down too big time. Something is different with IG this first quarter, likes seem way way down from the same period last year and even 6 months ago when the ER activity was rocking. Now, regarding your explore on that post feed, by all acounts I think it has made explore with ample saves and ‘other’ decent. Home amount rocking too, just the damn feed, not your account.

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s nice to know it’s not just my page. But this is my livelihood and the low ER is going to affect future partnerships. I really appreciate your feedback. At 236k followers and getting on average 3500-4k likes is crazy bad. Refuse to move to nonorganic tactics but am struggling here. It does make sense that they would be in the other category.

1 Like

my 500k getting 11k, my 300k getting 7k, likes down 50% or greater for me to even with high comment amounts. it will pass ( i hope)

I have a client (no botting) who tried to use 5 hashtags in their story for the first time, however, they are showing nowhere. I have found mixed responses here (you need to follow the hashtags to rank etc.) but nothing clear that provides an answer. Is it possible that the stories that show under a hashtag are similar to the trending posts under the top section? So, the story would need to be “popular” enough? I currently don’t have an answer for my client’s question, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Also, to be clear, these are very generic hashtags, so nothing that could get your account to be shadow banned.