...Has anyone heard of Musical.ly

…SO apparently I have been out of the loop!

There is this new app called Musicl.ly which is a mixture between Vine & Snapchat. Its sweeping the nation among little kids.

The sole purpose of this app is for people to post pictures of them lip syncing to their favorite songs, adding some precise hand motions, and camera skills.

Take a look at the official Instagram page to get a better understanding of this nonsense

The craziest part about this app is the fact kids are actually getting seriously famous from it!

Here is a list of some of the stars: http://www.famousbirthdays.com/profession/musical.lystar.html

In regards to marketing, there seems to be a great opportunity here. As we are all aware, there are many age restrictions on social media platforms which make it hard for kids to create accounts. Musical.ly seems to do the opposite and attracts kids as young as 3 years old! That being said, there is a high demand for emails from these age groups since they are hard to collect. That being said with Musical.ly its easy since 95% of the users are under age.

What are your thoughts and opinions?

2 Likes

Haha, interesting one. But what can you sell to a 3 yo kid? How would you use this traffic if you could harness it?

1 Like

All day. Don’t steal my niche bitches! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: daaaamn, where can I get one of those? :smiley:

@BrandonBerner Musicl.ly account of course! :joy:. He just spams that stuff to the kiddies all day long. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You could use the traffic to monetise YouTube videos, a lot of people are making a killing with kids videos right now and they’re insanely easy to make.

2 Likes

Good question! I have no clue!

I have a client who wanted me to create 50 Instagram accounts and manage them for him. He is paying $4,500/month for me to manage all of them. He has many websites which “claim” to give free coins, crowns, and other stuff for free. All the user needs to do is enter their username and email. He has obviously found some way to make some serious money from collecting these emails. I tried asking him more details “So I could better manage his accounts” but he is very secretive.

1 Like

So are you saying to use the emails to contact the kids to view your kid videos on youtube?

Or are you saying that you can post videos from Musicl.ly on youtube to generate additional traffic since its a popular niche?

Generate traffic through the emails by marketing your content to them. Didn’t know kids read their email but if that’s the case I’m sure you could pull some views like this. Knowing their age and gender would greatly improve your chances of success too by tailoring the content to suit.

1 Like

Don’t see this one lasting for long… I mean, if Vine couldn’t survive how the hell can this?

1 Like

Great thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

I completely understand. There has to be something better to use this audience for since someone is willing to pay $4,500/month to manage 50 accounts promoting users to submit their username and email. Its driving me crazy not know what exactly.

True, however the Music.ly app is a mixture of Vine and other social media platforms which in theory should make it more stable. It also offers so many more features than vine. Its also getting endorsed by a ton of famous Instagram with over 5m followers, along with Adam Levine from Maroon 5.

I contacted my little cousin in elementary & my fiances little brother in high school and according to both of them all the kids in elementary and high schools are using. That being said it could indeed be a fad which will die soon.

1 Like

I guess. I mean dubsmash has been around for a while, and it’s practically the same thing.

But yeah, could be a fad like Pokemon Go… ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Time will tell :slight_smile:

I hope it dies down. Musicl.ly is social media at its worst.

HOW DARE YOU DISS POKEMON GO! :stuck_out_tongue:

I just found a squirtle… behind my toilet bowl.

Better get the bleach.

1 Like

Wouldnt all the little kids emails be the parents email address :wink: parent/kids niche

first time I hear about this :smiley:

signed up and wasted a full hour playing with it, thanks Brandon :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

you got off cheap :smiley: i’m at my 3rd day…

1 Like

Haha, guys. This is kind of how I feel right now:

Is it really that great?

2 Likes

lol…btw i’ve been observing music.ly for a while, i might just do a lip sync… :wink:

1 Like