How to gain 700k followers in a day (!) & then lose 200k within 5 months šŸ˜

ā€¦ 5 days later on BHW, ā€œIG Account in Swimwear niche for sale, 800k followers 90% engagementā€

18 Likes

Just wait until they get helicopter shadow ghost banned.

4 Likes

There is some sketchy stuff going on here:

I wonder how are they gonna know who reposted them?

Are they gonna ask everyone to login with their IG accounts to their site and then verify against a database of 700K people?!

4 Likes

You can do that in a campaign folder to see for one. Two, they donā€™t care, @twazerapp is sketchy enough as it is. The whole thing is funny really. Just goes to show you never know when something will take off.

Whoever it is will claim they brainstormed over it for years.

1 Like

Iā€™d be real busy hiring a good set of lawyers and a really good PR company otherwise this could turn ugly real quick.

Thanks for the awesome find!

5 Likes

Apparently the shipping and handling is $13, they are banking it.

7 Likes

Hhaha, Geezā€¦

Their post is 1 hour old. Le the games begin! The scam deepensā€¦

2 Likes

he who giveth free shit shall lord over ye subjects and have much engagment. That is Until free shit is no more, then the Freeanites shall feel the angst and march on seeking another place where they can receive. So is the word in the book of SMM

3 Likes

That was fast.

1 Like

I canā€™t wait for the leeches to begin feeding.

Buzzfeed: 9 ways to gain over 617k followers on Instagram overnight.

3 Likes

And nowā€¦ you cannot even claim your freebie :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Damn it, I really needed a new bikini now that summer is approaching.

7 Likes

12 Likes

Thatā€™s not quite The Pamela Sunny Suit, but I guess itā€™ll doā€¦ on my male couch bod, just oozing for summer fun!

2 Likes

They are not going to send all bathing suits. No questions asked.

They had several tactics:

1. To put OUT OF STOCK due to unplanned exposure (thatā€™s what they did)
  2. Charge 13$ for shipping to cover all costs.

They have a supplier from China from aliexpress so they buy those bathing suits from them at a price of 11$ a piece with free shipping making 2$ in profit ( even though they are saying in promo that the product is for free).

The problem is that the supplier in China do not handle big orders so he accepts only small quantities. Thatā€™s the reason why most of the bathing suits wonā€™t be shipped.

Another thing is that they didnā€™t planned to reach such a mass of people so it was a fail of them. Engagement rate will drop, will have a lot of unfollows, IG already so a spike in a huge increasement of followers in just a one day as they donā€™t like it so the account is under their radar. Now a company just got in bad situation whereas they are dealing with a lot of negativity from followers and various compains. In the following weeks you will see EG,follower amount decreasing and now the company has put SPAM label on their company.

Was a good try, but they hit too hard and now suffering the problems.

Just my 2 cents.

5 Likes

They just disabled comments on the 2 most recent posts, including the one that made them blow up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Easy to see why, those were getting crazy

10 Likes

But also makes the whole op seem that much shadier - ā€œwe donā€™t like what YOU (the people who we are trying to attract as customers) are saying so we are just gonna mute yā€™allā€¦ cuz we canā€.

Butā€¦ daaaaamn

4 Likes

No way man, that thread was out of control. Angry people, cussing, people calling them out, etc etc, You name it, it was in there.

Personally? I think they were trying to make a quick buck using regular techniques that they learned in an SMM class, and it went viral. They donā€™t know how to handle it.

I donā€™t care what anyone says, there is NO WAY they can fulfill 1/10th of the ā€œordersā€. They also left a huge digital footprint, so they are FUCKED.

4 Likes