How to gain 700k followers in a day (!) & then lose 200k within 5 months 😏

maybe, haven’t focussed so much on IG stories yet. Should probably test that a bit more.

1 Like

their ig page is up again … lets see :slight_smile:

The only way to cope with demand, is to have something electronic that everyone wants (ebook etc.).

2 Likes

They could not cope with demand. Thats why in-part, it failed. And the fact that IG/FB does not like people making $$ without their cut.

3 Likes

I’m curious how many people paid the $13.

1 Like

should your post be “how to loose 700k followers in a day” ?? I see red…

1 Like

They did it once, pretty sure they are already working, or even start a new project using the same business plan.

tbh they probably don’t care about the followers stack since they probably already cashed out a 6 digit $$ amount

2 Likes

You can get the bathing suits for about $6-$8 which is a profit of $5-$7 per piece. The method behind Free plus ship is to build a list of buyers that you can market too again and again to get sales. We all know it is easier to make a sale from a happy customer than it is to acquire a new one. Most likely they use shopify to sell their products which means they are getting paid before ever buying the product. So, No money is coming out of their pocket it is coming from the customers. That is the whole reason you do dropshipping so you don’t have to hold inventory and you pay for the product once it is purchased.

4 Likes

exactly what id do

The good old free plus shipping offer where the shipping costs way more than the product itself

just making this thread alive again… from 7k to 750 followers down to 550k… its still a good shit storm for them.
now all the dust has settled here’s their account now.

Interesting case study, im gonna plan for one myself but make sure it wont backfire hahaha

3 Likes

Oh my god. :smiley: Just saw this and read all of the comments + checked their account.
Even tho this campaign probably cost them a lot (probably they had a lot of expenses without profit) but I think it’s profitable now. They have less followers than in the peak time but still really awesome and they are getting a lot of interactions on their new posts. I would be curious how much money they make with this.

Interesting post and comments

Holy sh*t !

I don’t know any provider can do such a big number…

Interesting to hear this was actually a blackhat account and not a fashion company. Lots of potential ways to use this method and there clearly is a lot of virality in posting towards girls!

LOL yes.

it needed to happen.

too relevant in 2017 tho :sob:

Maybe they’re finally bouncing back?

lol :smile: Doesnt look like that…
Seems they tried to change the trend by buying fake followers and as we all know this helps ALWAYS a lot:

They lost now within the last 5 months around 200k followers… This acc. seems to be “hated” and “dead”… :see But mayb they made a great deal when they have initiated the so-called “give-away”

1 Like

They better milk the account while they can!:milk_glass:

It still gets about 8k average likes on photos.

2 Likes

This was a great example on how not to do marketing. They’ve recouped though