How To Grow Your IG Account Fast Using Hashtags

I’ve been following BB’s strategies for close to 60 days now and I can attest to how AWESOME they are! #brandonforpresident

Quick question: say you’ve gained some traction and you’ve moved up a tier, do you completely eliminate the hashtags in the lower tier?

Example:

• Tier 1 hashtags get anywhere from 50 - 100 likes
  • Tier 2 get 150 - 300
  • Tier 3 get 300 - 600

If over time you’ve managed to consistently get 150+ likes on your posts, do completely scratch the tier 1 tags or do you still leave them in the mix to get some boosting power?

Happy to hear that my strategies are “Awesome” :smiley:

You will always want to use 2 stages (tiers) at the same time. Stage #1 hashtags will allow you to get featured under the Top Post section right away. Stage #1 hashtags will hopefully give your picture enough engagement to get featured under the Top Post section of Stage #2 hashtags with have more daily visitors, and will gain your picture a much higher rate of engagement compared to Stage #1.

When you begin, you want to use about 25 Stage #1 hashtags, and 5 Stage #2 hashtags. The stage #1 hashtags will keep on increasing your engagement, to the point they now have enough engagement to be featured under the 5 Stage #2 hashtags.

Every week you want to slowly decrease the amount of Stage #1 hashtags, and increase the amount of Stage #2 hashtags until you are only using Stage #2 hashtags and you are getting featured under the Top Post section of all of them.

Once your account it getting featured on all the Stage #2 hashtags, its now time to post 25 Stage #2 hashtags, and 5 Stage #3 hashtags. Once again continue the same process until you can get featured under the Top Post section of all Stage #3 hashtags.

Once you account is getting featured on all the Stage #3 hashtags, its now time to post 25 Stage #3 hashtags, and 5 Stage #4 hashtags. Once again continue the same process until you can get featured under the Top Post section of all Stage #4 hashtags. At this point you are now using the most popular hashtags in your niche, and you are getting the maximum amount of exposure and engagement with your hashtags. This entire process will take months of not a year or two depending on your niche. Although it takes lots of time, it is actually the most efficient way to get featured under the most popular hashtags in your niche.

7 Likes

Thank you for the detailed explanation! This is what I was thinking as well but decided since I am using your strategy, to ask you :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are more than welcome. Its always good to ask and confirm :smiley:

Just remember, if you notice your engagement decrease, you are increasing the stages to fast. Revert the chances, and start to increase the stages at a slower rate.

I have found that if you are posting 25 Stage #1 hashtags and 5 Stage #2 hashtags, you want to decrease Stage #1 to by one (25-1=24), and increase Stage #2 by one (5+1=6) once a week. This applies to all the higher stages. Just note that higher stages may require you to decrease and increase once every 2 weeks instead.

1 Like

How do you know the number of searches a hashtag receives per day/week/month?
You could directly relate it to the number of uploads a hashtag gets per day but that isn’t very accurate.

2 more questions:

• what role does the total number of posts play in ranking the hashtags? Isn’t it all about the number of engagements (likes / comments / plays)

• if you have a hashtag with top posts being between 87 and 5000 likes, does that mean that technically if you have a post that has a tad above the minimum (87) you have a chance of being featured?

As for the accuracy of testing the daily traffic of specific hashtags, its quite difficult, and requires some tools. For one without these tools. you can get a good estimate based on how long they are. Longer hashtags (#ILoveMyDog) clearly receive less traffic compared to short hashtags (#dog). Second, usually hashtags with a high post count, generally have a higher number of searches.

The post count does not have a huge roll. Although hashtags with a high post count generally have a higher ranking. Its always good to look at each hashtag and see the amount of engagement the top 9 pictures are getting. You can then monitor this for a few days or weeks to get a better average. Then use the hashtags which contain pictures in the top post with similar engagement to your pictures.

Yes & no. Yes its possible that you can post a picture with 87 likes and get featured on that hashtag, however your main problem is if a different account with higher engagement starts to use that hashtag. Then your post will never be featured under that hashtag.

1 Like

Which tools would that be?

These tools were custom made for me :smiley:

You may be able to find similar tools with a google search though.

Sorry to keep on bombarding you with questions, but today is “figure out hashtags” day :slight_smile:

If one is to split dynamic hashtags in 25 and 5 what percentages do you put in MP?

5/30 is 16.6666% and 25/30 is 83.3333%. Do you do 83% and 17% or 85% and 16%… or am I completely failing the math here?

Hahaha I figured :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont know the exact percentage, however Stage #1 80% & Stage #2 20% would be close to the 25 Stage #1 and 5 Stage #2

1 Like

This looks greaet - following!

1 Like

Thanx for the massive sharing, BB, love you.

1 Like

Hello there. I’ve tried Brandon’s strategy and so far I have amazing results.

My account is very, very small (1.1k followers) but the photos are receiving from 400-800+ likes, which is probably great (before I had between 180-200, but now around 370 is the minimum.

It really works because its based on logic. Cant wait to see where I am at in a few months, will report back! :wink:

1 Like

So happy to hear you are having amazing results :smiley:

Looking forward to hearing your progress :thumbsup:

…Feel free to share this feedback on the MarketPlace topic where you purchased the researched hashtags HERE since the hashtags were provided as a service in the MarketPlace and not gained from this topic which you replied to :smiley:

Hello, here’s an update after putting low hashtags.
I’ve since then put low hashtags in most of my smaller accounts.
What impressed me the most is that, one of of my accounts which is at 12k followers.
I mixed around 25 low and 5 high for this account and it currently is taking all the top spots for some of the low hashtags 30-60k.
If my post got in the top section of the 200k+, I will somehow gain a few hundred additional likes and my top post is currently at 2.3k and 47 comments :slight_smile:
Thank you so much once again for this guide.
Yup it’s an additional hour or two of research for hashtags but it’s definitely worth it!

1 Like

So glad yo hear you were able to get your posts featured using this strategy! and thanks for the review :slight_smile:

Really awesome tips about “Less Popular Hashtags”. I just tried it for a couple days and it works!

Thanks!

1 Like

Awesome! So glad I could help! :smiley:

Enjoy the Top Post Section!