How To Grow Your IG Account Fast Using Hashtags

I’ve been using the hashtag strategy for a while and generally it’s been going pretty well. That being said, I’m pretty sure my large account is getting throttled, for whatever reason. Average likes per post are around 3k but my engagement is now dipping below 3%. I’m placing in the top 9 for quite a few 1-8m hashtags category but then it doesn’t really increase much past the 3k likes. I’m using about 10 high-ranking hashtags and 20 low-ranking hashtags.

Question 1, has anyone ever tried coming up with mathematical approximations of multiples you should use for more efficient use? Say you have 5 high-ranking hashtags at an average count of 3m and 25 low-ranking hashtags at an average of 500k. That gives you a total average of (5x5,000k + 25x500k) / 30 = 1,250k. Then my average post gets 3k likes, so that’s like a multiple of 1,250k/3k = 417.

Also, the above calculation may be a complete joke and I have no idea what I’m doing but have always loved mathematical approaches to something like this.

Question 2, we all make that assumption that a high-ranking hashtag is a popular hashtag. But it’s only popular from the supply side. Is there a way to find out popular hashtags from the demand side? Let’s use an example: #VictoriasSecretModel. It’s low-ranking with 45k because there aren’t actually that many Victoria’s Secret models, however, I’m pretty damn sure that there are millions of people who look up this hashtag. Hence, even if it’s low-ranking, with little competition, if you get on the featured page, your post may still attract thousands and thousands of likes. I don’t care about popularity of posted hashtags. I care about popularity of looked up hashtags, which should be the real trending statistic. Does anybody know whether there is a way to check that? I believe Twitter has a functionality on checking trending hashtags. Would be amazing if IG has something similar.

This has been a long post but on my mind for a while, so any and all feedback much appreciated.

1 Like

wrong post! sorry!

I am assuming you have some kind of question there. And the answer is you are using the wrong version of python.

And @BrandonBerner delivers again! such quality content :slight_smile:.What do you think about posting hashtags as the first comment instead of the caption?

1 Like

I do it all the time :slight_smile:

Posting in the comments works just as good (if you comment right after posting), and it also cleans up your caption :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Splendid, thank you very much!

1 Like

30 hashtag in a post is a lot of hashtags, isn’t that too risky and spammy? I think 3 hashtag per post is max, correct me if I am wrong

@cpamoney This is from Instagram themselves.

Use it while it’s still an option. You can’t hurt yourself when you’re doing exactly what they tell you to do.

2 Likes

Is this strategy safe to use? Is it have side effect if using this method? :joy:

Is there any tool to research hashtag based on how many people who searched for it? Not based on how many people post that hashtag…
Maybe its Like a google keywords research I think…

best Post yet,Bravo.

Hashtag is the only way to get the organic traffic,is there any HTO(HashTag Opitmize) study??And any tools?if there is any tools for HTO,i will definite pay for it.

Denny

by less and more popular what would the numbers mean

for exmaple

100k-200k

1m-2m

Not sure if you guys are aware but OP, @BrandonBerner has been MIA for quite some time so don’t expect a fast reply, if any.

1 Like

@BrandonBerner

i have read all the post,my idea as below,correct me if i am wrong:

We need to set different level of hashtags with different QTY,for example:
Level 1: 1 Million
Level 2: 500 K
Level 3: 200K
Level 4: 80K
Level 5: 50K

(The above QTY is not accurate,just my idea)
Then we can split 30 tags with different QTY,For example:
Level 1: 1 Million (2 tags)
Level 2: 500 K (10 tags)
Level 3: 200K (10 tags)
Level 4: 80K (5 tags)
Level 5: 50K (3 tags)

My idea is the for the level 5 hashtags,you only need few likes(maybe 100-200) then we can get featured and make in top 9 then it brings organic traffic and bring more like to get your post featured in level 4 tag .
And so on and so on,then we may get a chance to get featured on level 1 tag.

I am not sure if the like/comment is the only factor that counting when IG featured post.If so ,we can buy 500-1000 like/comment to get your post featured on level 3 tags.

I am not sure if my idea is correct.Looking forward to your comment.

Denny

its not based on the amount of posts its based on the avg low and avg high likes on the hashtags “top post” section

1 Like

Somebody’s learning I see. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi.

I read Brandon’s breakdown of hashtag popularity.

“Super Popular = 10m+ posts
Very Popular = 5m+ posts
Popular = 1m+ posts
Almost Popular = 500k+ posts
Not Popular = Under 250k posts
Less Popular = Under 100k posts
Semi-Banned = N/A”

I am warming up some aged accounts now. I am in the process of collecting tons of hashtags for them. For an account with less than 50 Likes per post, I guess I should include mostly Less Popular hashtags.

So i’m including hashtags that have between 10,000 - 100,000 posts. My question is, should I include hashtags with less than 10,000 posts? There are many of them and I don’t know if they are too small to matter in my marketing efforts.

Thanks!

You should also check how many likes the top posts for those specific hashtags have.

Hashtag can have under 100K posts but top posts might have 10s of K likes so you’ll never be able to reach top post section.

Number of posts isn’t the only thing you sho watch for when deciding how popular post is.

3 Likes

Hi @BrandonBerner can you look my personal account and take me a little advice ?

I have test Low Hashtag but it’s not famous.

It’s very difficult for me, to exceed 1500 impression, and i don’t find the problem :confused:

Thx in advance :slight_smile:

Just FYI, @BrandonBerner has been MIA from the forum for close to 2 months now. Don’t expect a reply.

1 Like

What is the traduction for MIA ?

Thx for your reply :slight_smile: