How To Grow Your IG Account Fast Using Hashtags

yeah very interesting thread I will try to implement some of these stuff in the future

Thank you

1 Like

Iā€™v been having a little success getting my posts appearing in top posts for certain hashtags but i didnā€™t notice any significant increase in follower growth, untill i realise a problem - iā€™m using my own account to checkā€¦

If i use another account to check, one that does not follow my account, the results are so different

My posts r not appearing on top posts if Iā€™m checking with a unrelated account

The higher your engagement rate is, the more exposure your account will receive. This is how Instagram works now days.

Instagram will limit your exposure if your account has bad engagement. This is why engagement is so important.

If you have low engagement, only you and your followers can see your post in the ā€œTop Postā€ section.

If you have medium engagement, you, your followers, and a small amount of other accounts will see your post in the ā€œTop Postā€ section.

If you have high engagement, you, your followers, and a large amount of other accounts will see your post in the ā€œTop Postā€ section.

1 Like

This hashtag strategy is brilliant.

Slightly different subject, but didnā€™t see other threads with the topicā€¦ Do you have any tips on how to source the higher follow-back accounts (not bots) for certain subjects? We are a non-profit based around volunteering, so typical lists do not apply to us. Iā€™ve found a few accounts, but need more. THX!!

By mistake I put 31 hashtags today under my picture (4 in the caption and 27 in the first comment) but they all work. This is the second time it happensā€¦ so for your knowledge to me there seem not to be a strict 30 hashtags per picture limitation.

Hey @jzjz Happy I could help :slight_smile:

Here are some great topics on how to increase your follow-back rate.

http://mpsocial.com/t/follow-back-ratio-tool/3890?u=brandonberner&source_topic_id=416 http://mpsocial.com/t/struggling-with-follow-back-horrible-ratio/4267?u=brandonberner&source_topic_id=416 http://mpsocial.com/t/the-advanced-technique-to-get-better-follow-back/596?u=brandonberner&source_topic_id=416 http://mpsocial.com/t/follow-back-ratio-importance/5749?u=brandonberner&source_topic_id=416 http://mpsocial.com/t/what-are-your-follow-vs-follow-back-ratios-poll/2285?u=brandonberner&source_topic_id=416 http://mpsocial.com/t/engagement-increase-tips/116?u=brandonberner&source_topic_id=416
4 Likes

Hey @Rick You are absolutely correct. There are strategies to allow you to post up to 60 hashtags / post. 30 in caption, 30 in comment. I am still testing this to see if it actually helps more, or if there are negative effects.

2 Likes

I loved this! Iā€™m just wondering how do we define tier 1,2,3 hash tags?

1 Like

Awesome post mate.
Thanks

2 Likes

This is the harder part of it.

1. You will need to collect a ton of hashtags that relate to your niche

2. You will need to lookup the post count of each hashtags

3. You will need to look at the Top Post pictures under each hashtags, and record the the highest and lowest amount of likes and comments.

4. Review your account, see how much likes/comments you are receiving.

5. Find hashtags that contained posts similar in likes & comments, and use these hashtags with your posts.

6. Find hashtags that have slightly more likes & comments and use under 5 of those with your posts

##Review
You should have 25+ hashtags that have a similar amount of likes & comments

and you should have 1-5 hashtags that have slightly more likes & comments.

In total you want to post always 30 hashtags.

#Dont want to spend the time and do this?
But you want to still use this great strategy?

You can order my Hashtag Research Service HERE and I will do it for you.

2 Likes

Can you give an example of the numbers for 1 2 and 3?

Hey @Socialite_Media Can you please quote the message you responded to, so I know what you are referring to?

In Your guyā€™s opinion is it better to post 15 hashtags opposed to 30. Recently read on here that people are getting more followers and engagement when posting 15 hashtags opposed to 30 in the comments of their posts. What say a bigger thread?

Iā€™ve done a little bit of looking on here and none of the people with larger poolā€™s of accounts have said anything on it.

As in when you have to count the number of posts to see which tier it would fit in. What size range would qualify for tier 1, 2, and 3 :slight_smile: Hope that makes sense :smiley:

Still a bit unsure, but I will try to answer.

The Tiers are not a general specific number. The tiers are specific to your accounts engagement.

If your account is getting 500 likes/picture, and 5 comments/picture:

• Tier 1 for you would be if the top post contains 100-600 likes/picture, and 0-6 comments/picture.

• Tier 2 for you would be if the top posts contain 400-800 likes/picture, and 5-10 comments/picture.

• Tier 3 for you would be if the top post contains 700-1500 likes/picture, and 7-20 comments/picture

In addition, you also want to ensure the post count is low since there is less competition.

2 Likes

Thank you that is really helpful!!!

1 Like

Will this method work with posting 30 hashtag on images you have already posted in your account or only new images.

Will you have to repost the old images.

Also is it best to post the hashtag in the caption or the comments

I believe this method only works for newly posted images, since all the pictures shown in the ā€œTop Postā€ section are fairly new posted pictures.

Yes, if you would like them to be featured under the ā€œTop Postā€ section.

I personally dont see any difference. I just use the caption personally, however I will be experimenting more with the comment section instead.

@BrandonBerner I am new to this topic but your advice is crystal clear! Am starting my #spreadsheet now! I actually started using smaller hashtags over the last week (lower than 50k) and noticed a big difference in my engagement and likes. Thanks alot for this!

Just a quick question regarding your unfollow stategy. I am following up to 500 per day - follow + comment (using spyntax 8 different comment variations). I am gaining max 120 followers a day using this strategy. I have been 3 days (follow) + 1 day (unfollow) but like this I find my follow number remains too high. (6k at the moment) - dont worry I am unfollowing tonight :slight_smile: Any advice on this?

I am doing 3 days follow/liking only, then stop the follow tool and unfollow/like only.

@BrandonBerner
Iā€™ve been using your tiered system and I like it. Iā€™ve been getting into the top 9 of around 22-28 of my hashtags; however, I was surprised it seems IG will only allow you to have 1 post in the top 9. My post from the previous day was still in the top 9, but disappeared as soon as my current day post moved into the top 9. I thought the idea was to get into the top 9 and stay there for visibility as long as possible. Any suggestions?