How To Grow Your IG Account Fast Using Hashtags

Great tips @BrandonBerner !

I used 17 less popular hashtags and till 30 hashtags I used popular hashtags

Didnt measured exactly what engament I got from the hashtags but the picture got in 7 Top Less Popular sections ( I think is around 4-5 hours there as it got only 200 likes )
My regular likes are around 170-220/picture at around 2625 fallowers with 1-2 pictures posted/day but didnt got featured in top posts before :slight_smile:
I didnt mentioned that my niche is travel

Because its my first time doing hashtags research I will post them here, maybe you have an opinion over them ( I put the post count too to make it much easy )

2 Likes

Hey @exod Happy to hear you found this topic useful.

Congratulations on getting featured in the Top Post section also :smiley:

After looking at your hashtags, I would recommend using more that are less popular. You are using to many popular hashtags, which you cant get featured under yet, so its basically wasted hashtags. I recommend posting 25 less popular hashtags which receive similar engagement to your posts. Then add 5 more popular hashtags which are a bit more hard to get featured under. As your engagement increases, begin to slowly lower the less popular hashtags, and increase the more popular hashtags.

2 Likes

Started researching more less popular hashtags and keeping count of the time in the most recent posts

This is how I filter them

Keeping those between 40 and 60 minutes ( this is the time of the last image in the most recent posts )

and then filtering them again using https://displaypurposes.com/

After 2 filterings for the hastags I test them and see.

Hope this is the right way to create a research

2 Likes

Thank you very much!
I will start adding small hashtags for my new accounts :smiley:

1 Like

Keep in mind, at different times, there may be a high amount of users posting with a specific hashtags. Although you are recording how long a picture remains in the Most Recent section, it will not be accurate since its based on the time of the day which you checked that. If you wanted to be more accurate, you can check periodically throughout the day for a week. Then add all the numbers, and divide them by the amount of times you checked to get an average.

1 Like

You are more than welcome! Feel free to share your results here after a few days of using small (less popular) hashtags.

1 Like

Will do the check everyday as the top accounts in the most popular section will be my targets too

1 Like

This is not true. I have several posts in the top 9 across multiple hashtags, including re-posts of my photos by others who used my hashtags.

1 Like

I can confirm this :smiley:

1 Like

@BrandonBerner That’s how you know the research is good!

1 Like

@BrandonBerner I don’t know if you sell an e-book, but you should just collate all of your posts and sell it. The Instaposse charges $150 per book, I bet yours would sell better…

UNLESS YOU ARE INSTAPOSSE

3 Likes

Haha, I am working on something similar to an ebook as we speak, however it will take months to create since Im a perfectionist haha. I also want to include a video tutorial series also which would be included for those visual learners. Instead of an ebook (which would get outdated quick), I wanted to instead create a website which is subscription based (or something along those lines) that I will continue to update on a weekly basis. Adding more content, updating outdated content, and everything else.

I am also writing a ebook for those who have high-functioning autism :smiley:

Hahaha, no I am not Instaposse.

5 Likes

I too have aspergers…

I cant tell if your trolling, or being serious.

If you do, welcome to the elite club of awesomeness!

1 Like

I do not have Aspergers, but I might have a mild case of tourettes. Maybe aspergers, I don’t know. I have my particulars for sure…

Oh interesting. Do you have Verbal or Physical tourettes? I used to have physical where my eyes would twitch for hours at a time. Luckily I grew out of around 14 years old.

1 Like

I’ve been following BB’s strategies for close to 60 days now and I can attest to how AWESOME they are! #brandonforpresident

Quick question: say you’ve gained some traction and you’ve moved up a tier, do you completely eliminate the hashtags in the lower tier?

Example:

• Tier 1 hashtags get anywhere from 50 - 100 likes
  • Tier 2 get 150 - 300
  • Tier 3 get 300 - 600

If over time you’ve managed to consistently get 150+ likes on your posts, do completely scratch the tier 1 tags or do you still leave them in the mix to get some boosting power?

Happy to hear that my strategies are “Awesome” :smiley:

You will always want to use 2 stages (tiers) at the same time. Stage #1 hashtags will allow you to get featured under the Top Post section right away. Stage #1 hashtags will hopefully give your picture enough engagement to get featured under the Top Post section of Stage #2 hashtags with have more daily visitors, and will gain your picture a much higher rate of engagement compared to Stage #1.

When you begin, you want to use about 25 Stage #1 hashtags, and 5 Stage #2 hashtags. The stage #1 hashtags will keep on increasing your engagement, to the point they now have enough engagement to be featured under the 5 Stage #2 hashtags.

Every week you want to slowly decrease the amount of Stage #1 hashtags, and increase the amount of Stage #2 hashtags until you are only using Stage #2 hashtags and you are getting featured under the Top Post section of all of them.

Once your account it getting featured on all the Stage #2 hashtags, its now time to post 25 Stage #2 hashtags, and 5 Stage #3 hashtags. Once again continue the same process until you can get featured under the Top Post section of all Stage #3 hashtags.

Once you account is getting featured on all the Stage #3 hashtags, its now time to post 25 Stage #3 hashtags, and 5 Stage #4 hashtags. Once again continue the same process until you can get featured under the Top Post section of all Stage #4 hashtags. At this point you are now using the most popular hashtags in your niche, and you are getting the maximum amount of exposure and engagement with your hashtags. This entire process will take months of not a year or two depending on your niche. Although it takes lots of time, it is actually the most efficient way to get featured under the most popular hashtags in your niche.

7 Likes

Thank you for the detailed explanation! This is what I was thinking as well but decided since I am using your strategy, to ask you :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are more than welcome. Its always good to ask and confirm :smiley:

Just remember, if you notice your engagement decrease, you are increasing the stages to fast. Revert the chances, and start to increase the stages at a slower rate.

I have found that if you are posting 25 Stage #1 hashtags and 5 Stage #2 hashtags, you want to decrease Stage #1 to by one (25-1=24), and increase Stage #2 by one (5+1=6) once a week. This applies to all the higher stages. Just note that higher stages may require you to decrease and increase once every 2 weeks instead.

1 Like