How To Grow Your IG Account Fast Using Hashtags

Thanks for the tip. Also wanted to share this website to track your hashtags. It shows which hashtags are in the top 9 and which ones are still in the top 200 http://smaudience.com/hashtag-performance/

Revised my hashtag strategy based on your tips above and will track to see how it goes.

7 Likes

@BrandonBerner How can you tell wixh hashtag is very popular wich is not and wich are those semi banned ?? You fo to search and type keyword or ? I didn’t care about hashtag that much since I was mostly doing CPA but now I’m into something else and this hashtags are giving me headache

1 Like

Hello and thank you for the thread. My question is where do we find these hashtags - how do we now which are popular or not?
Thanks

1 Like

When you start typing them into instagram it’ll show you the number of times it’s been used, you can sort of go from there. Though I’m sure there are sites that tell you the same.

1 Like

Lol, I thought there are some selected hashtags :smiley: Thats why I asked. I post from MP and I cant see how populat they are :frowning:

Ah, I see. The new hashtag suggestions tool has a counter on it, if you search from there.

Is this tool in MP :weary: I can`t see it anywhere :scream: :cold_sweat:

Yeah, it’s in a strange place. If you go to either Follow or Unfollow, theres blue text on the top right by the Followers and Followings count, labeled ‘Hashtag Suggestions’

Oh, I saw it! Thanks :smiley: A strange place really! I would like to see it in the campaign section someday :blush:

I manually search each hashtag to see how many posts it has. This allows me to determine the popularity of the hashtags. Unfortunately I have not found a useful tool which ranks my large lists of hashtags from most popular to least popular. I am currently talking with a developer regarding this, so hopefully he can figure out an automated solution.

3 Likes

YOU ARE MY HERO FOR POINTING THIS OUT! I never have seen this before!

This has saved me so much time!

1 Like

it’s somewhat of a new addition, that’s why you’ve missed it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for all your help. I’m having about the same luck with this new hashtag strategy as I did before I started it. I have about 2,200 followers and my posts usually get 300-400 likes. Engagement has stayed about the same for two months or so, a bit of a plateau.

On the last post, I used 14 tags with 1m+ posts, 10 with less than 200,000 and 6 from 200-800,000.

I feel like the cascade effect isn’t working. I’ve reached a few top posts in the less popular tags, but they aren’t getting enough traction to get into the medium popular hashtags’ top posts. Any ideas?

MP Dev team, would it be helpful to have an additional tools tab in the left column, for things like the hashtag suggestions tool, maybe the ignore list, and things like that, so they don’t have to get hidden inside another tool? Not that it’s in the wrong place now, because you’d be using hashtags in follow sources anyway, but it’s almost too hidden as @BrandonBerner discovered.

1 Like

If you are only getting 400 likes/picture you need to lower the amount of popular hashags with 1m+ posts to around 3-5, and increase the amount of less popular hashtags with 100,000-400,000 posts. Let those settings sit for a week, and you should see the difference.

If you dont, it could be the hashtags you are using since they may not be targeting the right audience, or the posted pictures are not quality posts.

2 Likes

I agree. It should be near the Dynamic Hashtag or Caption box.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll report back.

Do you think there’s a difference between hashtags with +1m, +10m, etc?

Absolutely! For starters, there are less daily posts on the hashtag with 1m so you have a longer duration of time before your picture gets lost under the Latest Post section. Second, hashtags with 1m are easier to get featured under the Top Post section compared to hashtags with 10m+. Although this also depends on how many likes each picture has under the Top Post section since thats the number you need to get close to in order to be featured.

1 Like

For now, top posts of 1m seems like a good goal.

As for duration, I always thought that once you go above a million or so, it doesn’t really matter how many posts there are, that the recent posts duration would be about the same.

Awesome to hear you have set a goal. I would recommend using a max of 5 1m hashtags, and 25 hashtags under 500k. Your pictures should be featured under the Top Post section for the majority of the under 500k hashtags. This should give you enough likes, comments and engagement to get featured under one or more of the 1m hashtags. Once you notice your pictures are getting featured under the 1m hashtags, you can start to gradually increase the amount of 1m hashtags, and lower the amount of hashtags under 500k (starting with the lowest post count).

Well thats true in one perspective but there are other variables to consider.

1. If the 1m hashtag and the 10m hashtag started roughly at the same time, then its clear that the 10m has 10x more daily posts on it, thus making it harder to be discovered under the Recent Post section.

2. If the 1m hashtag is a trending topic, while the 10m is less trending, the 1m hashtag may in fact have a higher daily post count. That being said, the chances of this is lower, so its best to stick with the higher chances which is point #1.

There are many other factors to consider also.

3 Likes