Decreased reach and likes of recent posts

I doubt IG even understand why engagement has fallen off a cliff.
They’re not experts on engagement. They just provide the platform, and make some changes once in a while with the best intentions I’m sure, but no idea how those changes will impact the community.

Oh thank god it’s not just me! I’m not shadow banned but I’m averaging less than 100 likes and my reach is only around the 400 mark. But I’ve got 4.3K followers. Ive been scratching my head for weeks about this! So I guess we just wait for yet another update to their algorithm and hope the next one is better?

1 Like

The purpose of the algorithm change is to purposefully decrease the reach of your posts so that you pay for advertising. Hoping that they return things to normal will never happen. That would decrease revenue and takes the cocaine out of Zuckerbergs nose.

3 Likes

Well damn. Guess I just gotta get used to low engagement until we can figure out a work around. :frowning:

4 years facebook dropped a bomb on us facebook page owners…reach went down to 1.percent or less. It would not surprise me if it goes that route…if history is the roadmap.After the shock of the news and as we got used to it…we continued and kept on.Likes dropped like a rock… a funny thing happened after that. Slowly likes went up it was business as usual, just fewer reach. (that fewer reach also meant better fans, only ones who wanted or liked it) pages still grew, people still made money.we cannot put out heads in the sand and ask why…it is what it is. Post a little more, like others more…and grow …it takes time.

4 Likes