Does Follow-Unfollow ever cause shadowbans?

I’m pretty sure they do shadowban haha, has happened to me twice, didn’t appear on hashtags at all for over a month, anyways, if Instagram claims that, we can for sure tell that our clients :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why would you ever tell them that though? I’m 100% with the policy that what the client knows, won’t hurt them. But if you tell them they may in fact be shadow banned, they’ll associate your service with the shadowban and move on or request a refund. Not worth the hassle. No reason to tell them.

That’s what I meant bro, I meant if IG claims shadowban doesn’t exist, we may aswell tell tha our clientts :wink:

2 Likes

Ah, misinterpreted your comment lol.

your engagement is fantastic so what you’re doing seems to be working :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, sometimes I’m a little lazy and don’t think to much about how to phrase correctly but just type whatever comes to my head (English is not my native language lol)

2 Likes

Could be and should be better though haha. It’s only gone down as I’ve grown. I had 10-12% engagement at 40,000 followers, now I’m down to around 5. And lately not getting many comments. 20-30 comments if I’m lucky. Had a period of time where I was getting 60-120 on every post.

2 Likes

Better than mine. :slight_smile: Mine was around 5.5% around 40k, now it’s staying pretty steady at a little over 3% at 80k despite really cranking up the m/s lately.

2 Likes

I have only been using “follow users that interacted with posts of target accounts”

Do people find that they get a significantly higher follow back ratio using “follow followers of target accounts” instead?

Yes, significantly higher from followers of accounts but with reduced Engagement.

Would suggest followers of <60k growing accounts and good filtering to get good quality results.

Depends on the niche but competitors that are doing well and their product/IG feed is not as good as yours

4 Likes

Doing what now? F/U?

This is the perfect Instagram Growth Agency Sales pitch

3 Likes

Yes. I switched from following engagers to just following followers of the source.

And you got more followers. But has the engagement improved?

In my experience following followers of an account gives a pretty hi FBR but you take a hit to engagement from it. Following users interacted with an account typically provides a better engagement out of it but a lower FBR…sometimes significantly lower.

5 Likes

Does anyone have solid experience following engagers that have posted a story? Interested in a larger sample size than my own. Its an interesting concept, but then you lose the ability to follow private users for obvious reasons.

following followers will never help ER even as more is added, in fact it will decrease ER as more is gained and reach reduced. just saying…

I was too lazy to find a way to explain in a single sentence, but what you just posted is somehow pure gold

Following private users can cause problems in the long run. You could potentially be left with 7500 requests to follow people that either never accept or are inactive, don’t know if there is a solution to this.

Yes there is. You’ll have to delete all those requests. I had about 4500 pending requests because when I first started f/u I didn’t know what I was doing. So not a good idea to follow private users :sweat_smile:

3 Likes