If I wanted to learn SEO well & efficiently, what would I do?

I’m not sure what is meant by this. I can understand the logic of not getting into SEO (or anything, really) to make money if you don’t have the capital in the first place to make it work, but in this instance we have a website for an organisation which is always going to exist, irrespective of its success or lack of success (in terms of SEO, finances, exposure). So we can either do nothing with SEO, or we can use the resources we have, however little, to actually do what we can with SEO. The only logical option is to just do what we can, because that is bound to be better than nothing, even if it isn’t as highly competitive as somebody who is willing to invest heaps of money into some other type of SEO to make money from it.

Edit: Besides, @Fonzie illustrated that there are many free or inexpensive ways of optimising SEO on the website just by simply knowing the fundamentals of SEO in the first place. That’s the kind of stuff that anyone can apply, regardless of budget.

2 Likes

You tagged the wrong person :smiley:

2 Likes

Its just a money game. Find good related websites and ask for rates for links. Dont overoptimize with unnatural keywords (like 100% of the times same anchor text). Seriously reaching the first page of google is just paying for links to give you authority. And then in the first page, to reach 1-3 position you just need to solve the problem of the user (solving a problem equals to being the last website visited and prompting the user to never write the same keyword)

@HenryCooper i didnt tag the wrong person. I did it because you said in other post that if you share useful content you get a lot of likes. I found Fonzie answer pretty useful and long, but only 5 likes. Btw, no anger at all

Ok, makes sense.

Yeahhhhhhhhh. I’ll stick with IG. :joy:

Done all the Lynda SEO courses. Just so I know what the big boys are doing or at least an idea of what they’re doing. Fundamentals, so to speak.

AFAIK, social signals doesn’t do shit for ranking right? But you look good in Google’s eyes?

Everything I learned in terms of SEO was learned when I was a teenager, teaching myself web design/coding. I’d suggest starting there if anything, as they tend to go hand in hand to some degree. Most of what I know is likely outdated, as I’m 23 now and started web design when I was 10 lol. Good luck!

so many great tools mentioned in this thread - thank you all!!!
What do you guys think about SERPSAT ? I bought it when it was on Appsumo, but I find it much harder to use than SEMrush, but then again I dont want to spend $$ every month for something I already have. is it worth learning or is it crap?

2 Likes

Great read my man love it on point !

1 Like

Doing a quick drive-by of this thread to drop this amazing long-ass tweet that’s relevant to this screed (to give you an idea of how far down the rabbit hole goes).

It’s from one of the de facto Grandmasters in the game, Grindstone.

It’s a bit discombobulated but it’s fucking great.

Dudes been a legend for years.

This is my kinda shit (even though I don’t play like that anymore).

If you’re thinking about ‘Black Hat’ this is where the big-bois play.

Key Takeaways: Don’t do even one exact match anchor to your site or you’re gonna get whacked. And if you’re gonna pay for links you better never “stop” paying for em’. That link rot shit just got real.

TIP: Serpwoo is the shiiiiiitttt. :wink:

Enjoy

:+1:

1 Like

Five words. Brian Dean, Neil Patel. YouTube.
Extra bonus ask google.
But seriously. SEO is all about google so if you type in ‘learn SEO’ in google the best results will be show.
This is essentially seo in practice. Those top results would have all the back links and the keywords optimised to show you those results. And best of all if you read these articles they will actually tell you how to do seo and they should be the best articles because google suggested them to you at the top.

1 Like

Okay then. That’s an interesting point. I get what you are saying. There do seem to be some varied opinions about the quality of Neil Patel when it comes to SEO though, despite him being so well publicised on the net when it comes to that topic.

I see overlap in the knowledge that Brian Dean and Neil Patel share.
Who knows who came up with the content or solution first. Most of these guys just borrow from each other and then put their own twist on it.

Do u think - trafficthinktank com - forum it’s worth the money?

Hello, I have GSA stopped for more than a year do you think it’s worth using it?
Thanks for your great contribution!

Those guys who run the show all know what they are doing. BUT… There is PLENTY of stuff online (especially the resources I’ve mentioned) to get you up and going to knowing more than 90% of the people out there know and more importantly… get results.

So the short of it is I’d say no.

There is nothing in there (and I haven’t joined it or even knew about it til your post) that you can’t learn yourself. The fundamentals/processes from the basics to intermediate are all the same, like learning Photoshop or something like that. The framework for a system is the same it’s just if you like a person/forums ‘presentation’ of that data.

Staying updated and figuring out what works for you in your niche/site and what you want to do is totally on the individual. There is no online ‘Hogwarts’.

Sure. It’s just tool that does a specific function to get a specific goal. There is nothing wrong with firing it up as long as you’re cool with the long-term ramifications of it (as it seems you are). So why the hell not? :wink:

3 Likes

Big up for ur guide man!

2 Likes

Time to time update

Viperchill (Glen Allsopp) posted this big beefy guide on his top Chrome Bookmarklets he uses for time savers.

I’m a big fan of bookmarklets. Cools stuff in here to save time and get shit done.

:+1:

5 Likes

And I m a big fan of Viperchill :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Saw this on another forum

https://www.seopowersuite.com/tg-special.html#step-1-1

Link is to get 2 months of the whole Powersuite (one apps I mention in the thread) Enterprise level for 60 days FREE.

Don’t know how long it will last.

I know nothing of the deal as I already have it. :+1:

1 Like

@Fonzie it’s actually been around 3 years since I did SEO, and never really focused on local until now. Thanks for the amazing writeup and links to power suite. I have a ridiculous number of extensions for SEO but Powersuite is my new go to.

Local SEO ain’t even fun, especially with Squarespace.

1 Like