IG is retroactively removing followers from automation (data updated daily)

Yes everyone here in the first half of the thread is saying I imaged it as its most likely just IG cleaning up bot accounts and it has nothing to do with our account in particular but I don’t think it’s such a coincidence that everyday it’s a round number of followers disappearing. I’d love to believe in that theory but unforunately it doesn’t make sense.

3 Likes

@Cindy My friend is having the exact same issue. She hypothesized that she’s being punished for using Jarvee. It’s bizarre because for the past week at exactly 6:00 am she’s losing 40 followers.

I am not sure if this could be true and i hope not but one of my clients who is follow blocked since 4th June message me this morning and he say he talked to his friend a girl who is working at Instagram. And she told him that Instagram still didn’t lift the follow blocks because they are considering to delete all accounts that are flagged. She said they’re aggressively going after these accounts now it’s a new directive from new management. They don’t want people to think they can get away with it, and they’re still deciding on what to do going forward.

1 Like

@iki Dear God please don’t write things like this on here unless you have some sort of proof because you’re gonna start a mass hysteria.

9 Likes

I think this is what´s going on. Instagram punishing us for using automation. Removing all reach and engagement from our accounts while slowly removing followers each day. That´s what I´m seeing on the 10 accounts I monitor on IGBLade that were using automation (Jarvee).

1 Like

@tiburoncin Punishing is one thing. “Deleting” is a whole different topic. I was not doing ANY bot activity on my personal account and still got follow blocked. Let’s not jump to conclusions about accounts being deleted.

1 Like

I have lost over 2,000 followers since this all started earlier in the month. I think they are cleaning out some profiles but I also run giveaways so it’s hard to judge from what. At the end of the day it’s hard for the to precisely judge who is a bot account or real person. People use IG differently. People in other countries don’t have the goal to be some influencer or leverage their account for growth. They simply just want to like content, post low quality pictures and move on.

It’s like when they cleaned out followers earlier in the year and major celebs lost a couple million followers then they came back. I wouldn’t take anything too serious until they release some PR on the subject. There’s a lot going on with the app.

3 Likes

@Kojange Exactly!

2 Likes

Meant to send that gif to the person you were replying to haha

1 Like

Newer accounts are getting disabled/PVed all the time and will be removed (temporarily) from your follow list until the account is corrected. So you might also just be getting a lot of spam accounts following you getting smacked by the new filters

3 Likes

Exactly what I was going to say. I think the original concept is unrealistic, even for accounts they assume/know are automating. It just doesn’t make any sense.

Removing spam accounts that leave a trail? Sure.

I’ve had instances of being flooded by Asian babe spam accounts 20-50 at a time, and can imagine they all get disabled during the same period, causing big drops in followers. I would take a guess that the same thing is happening now, as usual really, especially if follows are less targeted.

2 Likes

I don’t like people that talking without any number, data or proof…
Come on guys… do you know the word PROFESSIONALISM ?

2 Likes

Exactly. I see this happen all of the time with the super spammy accounts. It just becomes more noticeable, when people aren’t gaining as many followers as usual due to the follow blocks.

1 Like

Oh boy. I don’t want to add any flue to this fire, because even still, I think this is just a coincidence, and not nearly enough info and data to go on.

With that said, I have noticed sizeable chunks of losses at once, and, I’ve now had a grand total of 6 different people message me in a fit of rage asking me why I removed them as a follower. I have never removed anyone. Not even ghost.

5 Likes

With that said, I have noticed sizeable chunks of losses at once, and, I’ve now had a grand total of 6 different people message me in a fit of rage asking me why I removed them as a follower. I have never removed anyone. Not even ghost.

This says a lot and very concerning! BTW are you still follow blocked too since the 4th?

Whoa. Okay now this is a bit crazy. Wtf?!

1 Like

The past few days have been rather slow though. Just 2-3 drops which is normal for me. This was around Thurs/Sat/Sunday I noticed the losses. Two of the rage message were a week and a half ago, the other during those days.

Quick edit: several have re-followed and are still there.

1 Like

Lol this is EXACTLY why I’ve chosen not to do ANYTHING with my account for 6 weeks. I’m literally watching what’s happening to everyone else’s accounts after my follow block was lifted cause way too many bizarre things are happening.

1 Like

Well, several of the accounts that were removed I know well. And were followed well over a year ago. Because I actually ended up enjoying the accounts that got followed, and have engaged with them.

This account is half botted half human. I never got any of those recent follow blocks that has hit everyone else, because I stopped botting that account the first time those warning messages of “hey, looks like you gave your info to a 3rd party, change your password” And the only thing I’ve ever done was followliker years ago, and Jarvee.

1 Like