IG is retroactively removing followers from automation (data updated daily)

Yes around 4:30pm PST I lose 20 or 30 each day at the moment.

1 Like

Why is this topic not locked yet… Instagram is NOT removing followers from automation.

2 Likes

It can be a combination of things, but I usually see this on low quality accounts. You can always just tell when a client has a low quality account as they’re losing followers before you start the service and they start losing followers after you stop the service.

This is nothing new.

I second that. Or third, fourth it, etc.!

These are most likely spam accounts being disabled and/or automation farms/users unfollowing your account.

I think many people reading this thread has the same misunderstanding as you. When I say lose, it’s not net at the end of the day, but moment to moment follower count. Net wise is positive (daily gain > daily loss) and completely organic (not driven by engagement).

1 Like

People have a hard time thinking others will leave their account. Got news for ya. They do!

Alex, please read my last entry.

1 Like

I read it. Insights … Browser and bot follower numbers don’t often match btw. There is something called unfollowed feature… Believe it or not it’s used

Every single day 20 -50 of my remaining followers coordinate and hit unfollow at the SAME Second?? Enlighten me.

It could be insights server updated

Insight server updates either daily or every few days (they’re always late). I’m taking about observation from follower count which is always real time, or such problem can’t be observed.

Today I lost thousands and is worst day I had besides yesterday. However my gains overcame it and gained plus 2 or three per account . a crappy day. I’m not mad or angry but calm because I know it will pick up many fold.

1 Like

Those ‘calls’ vary wildly and are often not accurate

Very sorry to hear that…

Thank you. I will think about your hypothesis. It’s not completely unlikely.

Insta is 99 percent wrong on realtime info. No software is fast enough to handle billions of actions a second

3 Likes

Don’t be sorry I’m not. You gain some and lose some. If at the end of the week or month you have more than last week or month your ahead

Yes I should quit the sick habit of checking my account every 5 seconds.

Maybe would be a good ideia to the softwares add the data that business profiles have:

- People that followed you (green in the IG graph)
- People that unfollowed you (red in the IG graph)
- Net gain (blue in the IG graph)

In this way we could argument with our clients saying that our service got x new followers.

If jarvee was not working on these last crap IG updates I would send him this request…

2 Likes

Yeah it shouldn’t be that hard to implement.

That’s a creator account feature. Business account doesn’t have that