Instagram engagement secrets + how to engage & retain your followers šŸ¤

Yes, but as I said, itā€™s a start.

I would try to give people more opportunities to engage effortlessly (interacting with an ā€œask me a questionā€ sticker is way more effort than just using a slider or tapping one of two options on a poll). If normal CTAs donā€™t work for your current audience, maybe try to post more carousels with different edits of your art (can also be different stages of completion if you donā€™t feel like putting in the extra work, which I could totally understand) and ask ā€œ1, 2 or 3ā€ in the caption.
Mix up your hashtags, try to ā€œcampā€ high frequency hashtag pages and interact with people who commented on art thatā€™s in a similar style as yours.

Iā€™m just throwing some ideas at you, I donā€™t know what youā€™d be willing to try or what didnā€™t work in the past. Maybe try posting at different times to find out when more people interact. Maybe even switch back to a creator profile to actually see when most people are online. :slightly_smiling_face:

I just switched back to a creator a few hours ago so Iā€™ll see what that does.

As far as stories are concerned, the sliders dont work, as I mentioned previously I get a lot of bot votes from people who use bots to view stories.

The Ask me stickers dont work anymore for me either.

Out of 28.4k followers, only 100-150 are actually watching my stories. And only 4 out of that 100 actually asked me a question the last time I put one out. I kinda gave up hope on stories if Iā€™m being honest. There seems to be absolutely nothing I can do to get my views back to the way they were unfortunately.

Your advice for hashtags is cool and I kinda already do that. But thatā€™s for reaching a new people. I dont think I have an issue with that.

I have an issue with keeping people who already follow me engaged.

Iā€™m growing very tired of people following my accounts, liking a few pictures and never returning. And a lot of these folks never unfollow so it must be something about my work that they like they just wont talk to me really. And then when I go on one of my competitors pages, those same followers are actively commenting and engaging.

Iā€™m just over here confused as hell as to why Iā€™m not getting that same treatment despite all of my efforts. lol

I suggested this because the followers you already have arenā€™t engaged followers, so attracting new, engaged followers could get the ball rolling again.

Do you have other social media platforms to maybe cross-promote your stuff? Manually sharing photos (pic with link to the photo on insta) on Twitter or embedding the post in a blog post could encourage people to interact with you more often.

But yes, maybe try for a while if your insights bring any insight. :laughing:

I do however Instagram is where most of my followers are. I just want to know what I have to do to re-engage with those followers that arent engaged.

I also wish I knew why they wont just unfollow if they are no longer interested.

Ask them via DM, if youā€™re feeling boldā€¦

Iā€™ve done that but IG started shadowbanning people who DM their followers.

I swear they are making things more and more difficult for me and users alike

Interesting point regarding the shadow ban - Do you think it applies if I follow my own followers? Would this result in a potential shadow ban too?..

Is that actually a thing though? Iā€™m chatting with many of my followers (some of them are mutuals, some not) via DM and I havenā€™t been shadowbanned for it.
I just donā€™t copy/paste stuff or send the same message to dozens of people.

yes, even if it is botted. you want ER and right there is free ER when you reply back even with an emoji. Another thing, why did you stop posting what was so good in that 2 out of 10?

they followed for some reason, find out why.

1 Like

Not sure why you quoted me here, but what I wrote wasnā€™t a ā€œshould I do thisā€ question, I wanted to find out whether or not theyā€™re engaging with commenters. Of course I know that itā€™s ā€˜free engagementā€™ to interact even with bot comments or emojis, thatā€™s why I added it.

1 Like

my bad, i quoted the wrong, sorry

Is this related to a nitche/repost account or personal/photographer account or works for both.