📣 My experience, my viewpoint API update, 508 block

If someone from lvl2 sees this can they PM me?

If someone could guarantee that they could fix my accounts, I would definitely be open to the idea.
I have actually checked with a couple of people who have used services like those that have been recommended and I was not too impressed with the results, that is why I am reluctant. If someone could fix these accounts, I would be more than happy to do it. It would be worth it.

yes
yes
yes

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Interesting… I think having your own proxies could be the key.
I am using mobile proxy providers and that could be the issue

There is never a 100% success. I’m sure even those people get blocks here and there. In this field i learned to invest and take risks. While it could be a total loss, it could also solve your issues. Up to you if you’re willing to invest in it.

4 Likes

Totally understand what you are saying.
I just have not received glowing reviews from the people who have used these services, so I am not sure how great the services are.
Also, in the spirit of this forum it would be nice if they could share how to solve the issues. I know we are all in it to make money, but perhaps not from each other. Again, I am not disputing what anyone is saying - if the services are a guaranteed a fix I would be all in. Thanks for chiming in - I am taking everyone’s advice into consideration at this point.

2 Likes

I understand you to a certain extend. The board with the hardness of IG blocks and all has become more of a service selling towards lvl1 to fix issues or mutual beneficial info sharing. The longer i’m on this board the less i see lvl1 contributing so i understand how people who invested and tested a million of things dont feel like openly sharing anymore. It goes both ways i guess. But i do understand your concern for sure. It’s beyond frustrating during these even worse times

2 Likes

Same here, more than happy to pay anyone that has a solution to the 508 blocks

Jarvee’s response was to wait for API and just use the scraper method rn :frowning:

1 Like

Whats the 508 error? Im running roughly 200 accounts. Since our last patch was almost 1 month now. We didnt get any of our clients accounts AC and hardblock. Temp block is normal but just happening on our end.

Only charge actually 30 usd per account. If you guys want to outsource to me just send me a dm.

I don’t use JV. Created my own software. We only do follow unfollow.

1 Like

We are using the scraper method for our client accounts and we have non stop 508s so using the scraper method won’t help.

3 Likes

It is definitely related to proxies in some way - we have 3 main suppliers for our proxies. Two of them rarely get any 508s (maybe 1 per day on an account max) the third supplier has multiple 508s per hour on each account. This is across 600 accounts. I am discussing with the proxy providers to try to figure out what is different.

1 Like

I agree with @birdman99 that the blocks are related to the proxies
I am finding that people who have created their own proxies receive substantially less blocks.
Also, people who have created their own bot receive substantially less blocks.

It appears that no matter how many adjusting of the JV settings we do, nothing is really going to work that well until JV updates the API and then that may not be a cure-all either, but the EB is not working well at all.
This week has been the worst for me in the past four months and things only seem to be getting worse and not better.
At this point the only real remedies appear to be:
make your own proxies
make your own bot
Nothing else really seems to be working, at least not for me and I have been researching and testing every day since all of these problems began over 4 months ago

5 Likes

I think that is the key.
If you create your own software, you will encounter fewer blocks.
If you create your own bots, you will encounter fewer blocks.
JV has been working on a solution for over 4 months and it has only gotten worse.

508 is a follow action block.
However no one, including customer support at JV, has been able to tell me exactly what is causing it or how to fix it

3 Likes

Honestly, I wouldn’t hold my breath on that api update. Things will never go back to how they were 6 months ago. Even if they get the api going somewhat, I highly doubt its going to function better than the browser is now.

That’s probably not what you want to hear, and probably not what people are telling you… but that’s the reality of it. Did you contact support regarding how to go back to an older version? You really shouldn’t have to be paying anyone to get it working for you, considering it was working perfectly fine prior to updating it.

8 Likes

@Klique
I agree with you about the API update - I really don’t know if it is going to get any better with an updated API.
If it does not, then I think JV will lose another 50% of their clients.

I will check with JV about reverting to an older version, but others have said it was not possible, but it does not hurt to check with them.

You just choose the option to not update to the latest update? (which is not an option with JV)
Are you receiving 508s?
Are you using your own proxies?
Thanks!

5 Likes

I’m not receiving any errors. No 508, 168, or 505. I dunno about in j, but under settings you should see an option to control whether it updates or not. The proxies are 4g, but not created by me.

If you’re paying for a software, by subscription and the new version doesn’t work… then it’s only right to allow you to go back to a previous version that was working for you. You really should be on supports ass about it, as you’re basically just donating money. They’re a great team, but I don’t think nows a great time for donations.

4 Likes

Are you working with Client Accounts? :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, all are client accounts

I was refering to @klique :smiley:

OK, I will look again, but I don’t think is an option for JV
In JV I only see the option that asks WHEN you want the updates installed.
I do not see an option to opt out