Regular Proxies vs. 4G?

Hey guys,

Have really been out of the automation/scraping game for IG for many years now but am starting back up again for some projects I have.

Can anyone tell me in laymen’s terms what the difference between a regular proxy vs 4G mobile proxy is now and why “4G mobile proxies” are the thing everyone talks about?

I used to just buy accounts from here or BHW and bought some private proxies from https://instantproxies.com/ and previously https://proxymillion.com/, added them to the tool, and started scraping.

Is that how it still goes? Just confused - thank you

How do I addd 4G proxies to massplaner with my accounts? Same way or is it different? Is there an actual sim card involved, or 4G proxies just emulated a real phone basically?

You add them with IP:PORT
Your 4G proxy provider will send you these details, usually also including a username and password.

4G proxies are setup so that the phone/modem with a SIM card is located at the proxy provider, which then connects to a cell tower there and the proxy provider then connects this to you, through the internet.
This way it is as if you were connecting to the internet through a phone to the cell tower at the proxy providers location.
It is brilliant :sunglasses::wink:

Okay that makes sense, so the setup and adding these proxies to scraper accounts or whatever is the exact same.

There are pros and cons to both regular proxies and 4G mobile proxies.

Regular proxies, specifically datacenter proxies, are known for their speed and reliability. They can handle high-volume tasks well and are often more affordable. However, they can be detected and blocked by some websites due to their non-residential IPs.

On the other hand, 4G mobile proxies, mimic real mobile devices, making them harder to detect and block. They’re particularly effective for tasks where appearing as a regular user is crucial, such as managing social media accounts or performing tasks where a high level of anonymity is required.