Surprised at lack of Comment usage to grow

I appreciate your response. If you had continued reading you would have seen that I am referring to “small growth”. Further, I clarified that I have 15 unique comments that I use that are genuine so I am not being spammy with them. Lastly, I pointed out that I am not manually commenting, but using keyword shortcuts in my iPhone to spit out the comments. If you are going to criticize someone’s post or method at least have the courtesy to read their entire post…

I believe there are certain benefits to commenting if you are looking for non-bot growth that avoids having to follow/unfollow users. It has a high followback ratio if you are doing it correctly and allows you to network with other people in your field simultaneously. Also, if you streamline the procedure with keyboard shortcuts on your phone you can bang out 80 comments a day in only about 15 minutes of total time spent. That’s a nice 8 engaged followers for very little effort or time, without inflating your followings number. I think it is a nice method for people that just want a little bit of growth in an easy way without having to use bots

Gotcha. I wasn’t criticizing you. It just isn’t relatable when you are growing multiple accounts like a lot of us here are, or when you have hundreds of thousands of combined followers. 8 followers per day would be game over for most of the marketers here.

There are a lot of better, more efficient, more scalable ways to grow is all i’m saying.

4 Likes

Hy just that you know people here try to automate everything. And when they automate written text they use spintax (u can search for it) and they have about 28394638908373938473 and more combinations. Also if you do it manually you do the same but you have only 80 combinations.

1 Like

Gotcha. Well I guess I am in a different situation. I am trying to build an account that I can grow while still interacting with my followers and making stories and manually commenting. Is this possible to do in combination with automating? I am under the impression that if you are automating with Jarvee (as most I assume are) then you are stuck to using your account through Jarvee which makes it difficult to interact with your followers and make stories for example.

what i want to say. from a bot detection standpoint you are more suspicious than someone automating his comments with a bot.

1 Like

No not at all!

You could use Jarvee to automate follow/unfollow and maybe some likes, just to draw people to your page or even interact with your own followers.

Then you can use your phone to manually comment and add value where you see fit, as well as do stories etc. Jarvee can just do certain aspects for you. There is generally no issue with using Jarvee and using your phone. Unless you are doing high amounts of activity on both at the same time.

2 Likes

Okay good to know. I am still new here so I’m getting my lay of the land still. The two responses to my post here have made things very clear… automation is the language on this forum. I’ll try to keep thing relevant to that here on out.

I’m just a little hung up on how to grow a personal account using automation that you can still treat as a personal account. By that I mean, being able to log into the account on your phone, make stories, comment on other people’s photos, have dialogue and network through DMs. Is all of that lost when you decide to automate?

Okay thanks for the tips! I could have sworn some people have warned against using your account on both Jarvee and your phone at the same time though. Doesn’t IG see that you are logged in on two seperate IPs which is an automatic redflag? Or is there a certain threshold where the number of proxies used is still safe (i.e. if IG sees that one is coming from your phone, and the other one from wherever Jarvee is running, then things are cool?)

There’s no problem with automation, you can still treat your accounts as personal as you want. If your account has good quality, there won’t be any issues. And commenting is personally something I would never use to grow my accounts, it really isn’t worth the troubles for the follow back ratio you get.

Using in different locations - no red flag! Otherwise client management would be game over too.

Nope, my client is logged on 3 devices, I am logged in on his account on my phone, and it’s automated with asian proxies through Jarvee. No issues!

You will be sweet automating your account, I suggest you should check it out!

2 Likes

If you are interested in jarvee and want to know more about it that’s a nice read.

1 Like

Thanks buddy! Yeah I am actually running Jarvee right now on a niche account doing safe settings F/U.

The reason I am skeptical to use automation on my personal photography page is because I am worried that IG flags accounts that use F/U method which results in permanent or irreversable damage to your account (i.e. IG will always limit your reach and it will be difficult to grow organically if you stop the F/U). Is there any truth to this, or proof to the contrary that F/U can be done without permanently damaging or flagging your account?

It just seems to easy for IG to be able to look at an account that is clearly following 500 people a day and unfollowing about that many a day. And as we all know IG likes to stop and punish such behaviour, so why wouldn’t they limit the reach or punish such accounts in some way?

There is no concrete proof either way to be honest. However, from personal experience I haven’t really experienced this reduced reach effect etc. As long as you are targeting good sources and attracting real, engaged followers then you’ll be fine. I think the issue arises often when shit targeting is used, attracting shit followers who turn ghost and don’t engage. Then people blame automation in general.

Automation should be used in such a way that Instagram does not even know you are automating (maybe they do who knows). I know people who manually F/UF up to 500 per day (yes really), and they don’t have any issues, so if you are just automating that process and Instagram thinks it’s real (which is achieved using Jarvee) then there’s no issue.

I haven’t experienced those effects anyway, and I have grown over 100 clients and probably over 1000 of my own accounts

5 Likes

It’s incredible how defensive you are being an absolute noob with a measly 180 followers whining about why no one talks about using comments for account growth and get a clear cut, polite response from someone explaining why most don’t rely on comments.

1 Like

So far have not experienced limited reach from using Jarvee, some accounts do better than others in the same niche :grin:

1 Like

I’ve did this manually too back in the days but that is such a pain in the ass haha :smiley:
Manually F/U is just not worth the time. When you automate this you can concentrate on the core elements of growing your account/business.

Anyone still using comments to grow for Ecomm clients?

commenting doesn’t really work at scale. You can automate the commenting part, but you cannot automate choosing relevant comments for a picture.

True but i’ve done it before and it work REALLY well converting. But i’m just not sure how bad it has gotten with the blocks and all.

Also anyone know why some accounts can comment on a SAME user? I thought when you enabled scrape users from… it wouldnt happen anymore?