Switch to Business Account... or not

Just a quick update to this. According to Instagram, it makes no difference whether you’re a personal or business account:

"

• Instagram doesn’t give extra feed presence to personal accounts or business accounts, so switching won’t help your reach.
  • Shadowbanning is not a real thing, and Instagram says it doesn’t hide people’s content for posting too many hashtags or taking other actions.

"

4 Likes

I’ve recently moved to Business Profile again, nothing changed, almost a week passed. Same type of engagement, no major drops. I’m pleased so far. :slight_smile:

1 Like

if they say so…lying bastards

5 Likes

How you moved to business? I can’t do it from massplanner.

You do it on mobile? How do you load proxies?

Well, I think my main concern is to pass to business and then IG ban my account some day, and I have no business papers to claim it back. My profile is the blogger/lifestyle niche.

Doesn’t really make a difference. You don’t lodge any papers or identification to switch to a business account. It would be the same process if you were to have a personal account banned.

You need to do it from mobile — that’s my understanding. Then the proxies are just normal through Massplanner.

The smartest way to do it would be to load the proxies on your phone (identical to MassPlanner), then make the change and then continue running it on MassPlanner.

To claim the account back if banned, you need to say if it is a business or a personal account, and attach any bill or business document or website.
If not, they answer asking you for those documents, because your account is a business one.

But that’s what I’m saying. You never submit evidence of being a business to start with, so they have nothing to compare the documents to.

Recovering the account is no different to any other account. You need to provide whatever evidence they ask for, but as I mentioned, you never supply evidence of your business to start with, so there’s nothing to compare.

Yeah I had thinked about it but i have only iPhone so I can’t load any proxy. I’ll try with an old android of a friend, I tried with emulators but they all crash.

Hi Anna, could you share if you tried disabling your account for a week or so and if you saw any changes?

Thanks, Iris

Hi @Vrk113, did you try disabling your personal account for a week or so? If so did it bring back the engagement?

Agreed. I have three accounts. One I switched to business and the moment I did, growth slowed down, while my other two have continued the same momentum.