VPS 🖥️ How much RAM for X number of accounts?

As far as I know, Hetzner has servers in Germany and Finland

1 Like

Im using https://www.hostigger.com/openstack-vps and prices are ridiculous cheap, running 30 accounts on 8 gig atm, no problems whatssoever

1 Like

Nice guide thanks now just have to setup and transfer from current VPS. thanks!

1 Like

Awesome and Good Luck.

2 Likes

Have 4gb ram running 45 accounts no issues on Greencloud.

2 Likes

Yeah, in the very beginning I used my laptop [8GB RAM, Core i7 Processor] and managed almost 70 accounts.
But, when I needed to expand, then I had to find something much better than my laptop :smiley:
Not to mention the monthly cost for Data. That was over the limit
With a Dedicated server you really don’t have to worry about data

1 Like

Hi @Fallen. It’s a bit underpriced that. Where do you found that configuration for that price?

Thanks @nm9013, that’s golden info right there,that’s very nice of you to share it to the community. I was aware of Hetzner but I forgot about them. I plan on using a farm with 500 accounts on Jarve: Follow, Unfollow, like and DMs. What is a healthy configuration for this. I was looking for 10cores + SSD + 64 RAM? Will this be enough?

Sorry to bother you, that you advise me for 200 accounts:

Greencloud have dedicated servers too though, that is just for their VPS line, which makes sense that you go for a dedicated server when wanting higher specs. But I use Hetzner and it’s great. And I used Greencloud for a VPS before that and it was solid also when first beginning, but I’d go for a dedicated server when running larger numbers of accounts.

And if you are unsure about the process of installing Windows, @HenryCooper’s team could sort it out for you affordably. You can talk to him for the details, I’m not sure if I can discuss here.

2 Likes

Thats what I also heard in the forum. That Hetzner is better in handling big amount of accounts. I decided to with greencloud first too not overcomplicate things in the beginning as I am now 1 month into that. I can better adjust my costs and not too much investment at the beginning by switching from plan A to B to C … When I reach 150-200+ Accounts I maybe will switch over to Hetzner.

Thank you for the great advice! @mdr07 I will keep that in mind. When I use Hetzner in the future I will make use of it and ask someone who knows their things to do it for me.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s right, though not necessarily because of Hetzner being better than Greencloud (perhaps they are some will argue) but simply that you get the better specs at a lower price, whereas you pay more with greencloud. So dollar for dollar comparison then Hetzner is better because you’re getting more for your buck, but comparing same system specs between Hetzner versus Greencloud and disregarding price, that’s a different thing. Just highlighting the difference because my brief experience has been that Greencloud are good and reputable, so it is worth acknowledging that for anyone still considering them - they will just be more expensive. So for the price and solid quality, Hetzner is great.

Well yes, the dedicated server I’m using also has SSD’s in it.
And it seems you are going to purchase a Brand New server. Good luck.
To be honest, I purchased my server from their auction and it really works.
Let me know if you need any help. :smiley:

Hua much difference in price per month? Thank you

I pay around Euro 30.6 per month and never paid setup fees :smiley: [That includes 100GB Backup space, as I back up my MP Twice a week]
But, with the your server, you will be given 100GB back up space without additional cost.
And the server you pointed has higher specifications that what I use.
Please check your PM

I run 500 accounts with my custom bot on my own server with 64GB of RAM.

DMA0245 recommended this recently:

More in this thread:
https://mpsocial.com/t/which-hetzner-dedi-for-400-500-ig-accounts/59601c

The number of RAM matter of course.
But there is a big difference between DDR2, DDR3, and DDR4.
Also, the frequency is important too.

And not less significant thing is a disk drive. The common SSD has around 550 MB per second reading/writing speed.
While m2 nvme shows around 3000 Mb per second

2 Likes

I have been using Hetzner for about 2 months now and it works really well. I’m using the cloud options though (the VPS), not a dedicated server and it seems to work fine. I run a couple hundred of accounts.

hi, may i know what spec a you used?

thanks