What destroys an Instagram account?

Hi,

I have a brand that has about 50k followers. Lately, my story views and likes are dropping so I was wondering if I can get a piece of advice on what to do. I am thinking about buying followers, likes, and story views but people tell me that it can harm my account. In what way exactly can this harm my account?

Can anyone more experienced tell me what to avoid so I don’t harm my account and explain the reasons behind it? It would be much appreciated I believe for many people struggling with the same issue. Thanks in advance!

Buying followers stricto sensu will results in a huge drop of engagement, because the ER is roughly calculated as such [Likes + Comments] / Total Followers.

So you will increase your followers number, but those will never interact with your content.

But if you were talking about putting money in order to get followers ( = buying traffic, not followers), then it’s not the same. Your followers might (depending on which method you chose) engage and so, your ER.

1 Like

that is the worst choice ever, instead of having a few story viewers and likes drop you will start having much bigger issues and your account will be gone.

did you change anything on the account like the content? posting shedule? anything?

Fake followers, likes and story views will destroy your account. You should interact with your followers more to increase the engagement. Are you using an automation tool or full manual?

How will fake followers or likes destroy my account? Can it get banned?

ER = Engagement Ratio = [Likes + Comments] / Total Followers

Buying fake followers will decrease the ER :point_up: As they won’t engage (likes or comments). Your reach will go down. Create a new account. You might get banned / you might not. I know someone who did get banned after buying from an SMM, but I don’t think it’s the majority of them

It will decrease your actual engagement making it harder to sell promos or services from. Which is the main point in having a big profile.

You are better off looking into m/s or even f/uf would give it a boost.

Even giveaways for followers will ruin engagement or page? Or no?

Definitely. Followers coming from GA aren’t gueninly interested in your content, only a small % will engage, the rest will unfollow / ghost (tons of accounts are only created for GA in those cases).

Oh okay gotcha. What do you recommend is best to grow? Paid ads?

The growth strategy that you should use basically depends on you. If you have a low budget (< 100$ / mo), then put the priority on F/U from your main account + engage as much as you can with users within your niche. If you have a bigger budget, you can opt for either M/S or Shoutouts. I personally prefer M/S over Shoutouts for various factors which are important (filtering, steady growth, less time-consuming), but well, we all got our preferences.

I would not recommend ads for growth (too expensive, except for dirty growth), neither Give Aways or fake followers of course.