When do you know it's time to give up?

I don’t believe in quitting - especially after putting as much time, effort & money in to something as I have with IG / Twitter / Facebook… but I do believe in rethinking & looking at new approaches.

I got heavily involved in IG early last year. Thought it was fun & I was hooked. That led to me getting involved in other social media platforms. At the moment, I have 100+ accounts set up in MassPlanner doing their thing. The majority of them have 10’s of thousands of followers & a couple could be considered to be authority accounts in their niche.

I’ve tried every gimmick, every CPA / CPL / Revshare offer, product promos, shoutouts, you name it. You know how much $$$ I’ve made off of social media in the past year? Probably less than $10!!! I don’t doubt that some people have success - I just haven’t found it. I’m still trying a few things, so I wouldn’t say I’ve given up completely, but the ROI just hasn’t been there for me.

Keep in mind, I’ve probably spent 30+ hours a week running my accounts - if not more - for at least the last 6 months. That’s a little time for no return.

Getting frustrated & discouraged, I decided to try a different approach. I’ve got all of these social media properties, so how can I put them to work.

About a month ago, I started getting heavily involved in SEO. I’ve owned a particular domain name since ~1998 - and have run legit sites on it over the years, on & off as my interest ebbed & flowed. That domain had pretty good metrics, so I decided to resurrect it & build a blog on a niche I’m interested in.

From there, I’ve since set up 2 more sites in 2 other niches. I’ve spent time finding expired domains with high metrics, expired web 2.0’s with good metrics, etc. I purchased a couple of tools to help build backlinks & I have 75% of my existing IG / Twitter / FB accounts promoting the hell out of these sites.

So, in a month I’ve spent ~$150 on domains / software / etc. By comparison, I’ve easily spent 2x - 3x that much in 6 months on my social media accounts / software - and not to mention my time.

So - check this out. Here’s my point.

My AdSense earnings for those 3 sites today alone. In the past 3 weeks, I’ve made about $20 on AdSense, which is more or less double what I made trying to promote offers on IG. Plus, I got lucky & had an $80 payday the other day from Clickbank from one of the sites:

and, I’ve made ~ $30 from Amazon

AND this is pretty much all on autopilot. I spend a couple of hours each Saturday or Sunday posting & scheduling my content for the week - and that’s it.

Now - $4 daily from Adsense is squat, I realize that. But, it’s something. I plan to scale this up to dozens of sites. Even if I never got another Clickbank or Amazon sale, I think I can realistically grow to $50+ a day within the next year. Then who knows from there.

Final Point: Don’t give up! Just be creative & think about new ways to use what’ you’ve got. The money is out there, you’ve just got to go after it.

5 Likes

@trolling4dollars That is pretty disheartening, given you probably have a combined following of 200k+

However, I don’t expect every one, or even 1 in 10 of your accounts is in a unique niches (these are all assumptions I’m making). So I’m gonna go ahead and assume you have duplicate followers too.

Its a possibility that your chosen niche is not profitable too. However, looks like you’re on the right track and putting in the work to monetise your following. I wish you the best.

1 Like

@tom.loughlin90
Thanks. I feel pretty good about where I’m heading.

I’d say across all platforms I’ve got around 100k legit followers. I’ve got 10 or so money properties & the rest are socks just promoting the money accounts. I’m sure there’s some overlap, although I’ve tried to be careful about that. I don’t mind sharing that I have accounts in Travel, Fashion, Luxury, Sexy Girl & Inspirational niches.

I think the biggest problems with social media right now are a) most offers are saturated & b) the platforms are getting far more strict. I don’t know how many accounts I either have to unlock every day, or lose every day. That gets pretty frustrating… and tedious.

Good luck to you too!

1 Like