Why this happens on big hashtags?

throw logic away. Explore and hashtags are an account level based system, not IG wide. That means what you see, nobody else will see… It gears toward your account likes, saves and your followers saves and likes. While you might see in the top 9 one post with few likes, with the logic of the algo – it is your top 9, not based on all accounts. The same applies to explore.

1 Like

they do and can be in top 9 with less than 100-- depends on the niche. wine niche is a classic point. while millions around the world love it, the wine niche is rather small getting into different makes and 99 likes could be a explore viral

1 Like

oh , thought this was applied only for explorer , so by that , it can mean someone more interested into that niche will see more related and much bigger posts popping there instead of ‘normal user post’ ?

let me rephrase that, The majority of the explore will be your main niche, others see those but not all. ‘Normal users’ pop up if somebody you follow likes another post that you don’t follow – they( that post liked by the person they follow, not you) will show up on your explore feed – That’s why if you have many accounts on a phone, say 5 – and they follow each other, and one account likes a certain account many times – your other accounts that don’t follow that account will see them on the explore ( normal posts that are not big. ) does that make sense?

1 Like

yes i understand that some normal post can be seen on explore cuz some of our followers engaged many times with them , but me i reffer to top9 hashtags not explore page

that too is an account level because it is hashtag specific. what i see will be different than yours even if we are on the same niche. I don’t follow the same accounts as you nor the same hashtags –

2 Likes

wow tbh didn’t knew that , i thought this was applying only for explore page , since from what i know we pretty much all see the same top9 post , haha this is literally changing all my perspective and strategy about hashtags , since from what you say its more like a 2.0 explorer page too , if each of us see different posts on same hashtags

so what impact this have on all factors like er,avg engagement,min engagement… they become less impactful if at the end even by getting big numbers we have no garantee that all who will visit that hashtag will see our post , maybe just a small part and others will continue to see just accounts they or their friend engaged with lol .

this slow downs a lot the snowball effect , and makes reach less bigger from hashtags…

nope. everybody has different top 9.

yes, becuase hashtags can be put on different type of posts. A girl with little clothing can still have #bmw on the post, or a black fast ass bmw car has a #bmw hashtag.

no, ER for that post alone, not the other crap. There may only be 2 or 3 posts for a hashtag

no again. The number of likes as you found out really does not come into play IF YOUR account is liking that post and saving

yes i reffered not to the ones that are always seeing post there (followers…) but rather new comers that want to discover ’ different accounts’ from hashtags ,basically with this algo that like you said prefer to show more what user intereacted with before rather than overall engagement of post , means that those that didnt seen us we can’t reach them easily bcs they will most likely see just what ig shows them daily wich is stuff they interacted with before (or their friends) , that’s what i meant with reach getting ‘cut’

1 Like

if you spent the same time on content, be it searching or creating for more ‘likable’, viralablity( which one can develop a sense of) as you do on hashtags, you never have to worry about hashtags – ‘content’ has the power to greatly jump over any growth hack. You actually with the ‘content’ if likable and saveable, never have to use hashtags if the niche is big enough as IG knows within a few days of the accounts birth, what niche it is.

1 Like

Can you show me a hashtag with a photo with less than 100 likes in TOP9?

give me a good reason why i should waste my time doing something as unproductive as that? i got better things to do like post manually on 50 accounts right now with some growing at 1k and 2500 a day.

2 Likes

I think you are wrong. Went over hundreds of hashtags and haven’t seen a single photo below 100 likes. Would like to see you crash my hypothesis.

you have 50 accounts manually, wow but why not schedule them with a bot , is it because manual upload get better reach ? also its all same niche or at least 10 niche for all of them ?

then i guess you proved me wrong

1 Like

i am a die hard jarvee fan, ex user. i got depressed with action blocks, EV red signals, like blocks, my accounts are now big, – average about 96k in size. When accounts get big enough to grow on their own no bots are needed – after all. is that not reason for botting for most? get big enough for organic growth. Manual posting will always have better reach. Even when I tried creator, my follows went down big time.

5 Likes

that’s nice can be easier to manage with va that stick just to posting i suppose , especially if it’s not same niches 50 accounts on different niche can make loose focus when switching from one to the other unless its all prepared already (caption,post…)

I was researching tags for my dumpling biz and saw this within 2 searches. Your hypothesis must change :thinking:

2 Likes

thank you. small niche, now own it :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah you are right, I just went over hashtags and most of them have photos with less than 100 likes now. It is interesting that I haven’t seen any 1 month ago. Ig might have been changing algo.