Without growth - clients looses followers each day

Hello! One client of mine wants to know why she looses followers each day when she is not using my service. She was on automation for more than 1 year, now I switched to manual , but after getting blocked she now has resting days and she has these kinda gains:

+2
+1,
+1

So one day she gets +2 , other looses -9, other looses -5 , other gains +1 and etc… But basically she is not happy that she is loosing followers when not using my service and asks what will be if after some time , in the future she stopped using any servies at all and then in long-turn looses much of the followers which gained…

Don’t know how to clearly explain her this , thats the problem…

People follow you, your total goes up
People unfollow you, your total goes down

It is normal for people to occasionally unfollow some pages they are following
Typically pages lose about 1% of their total followers each month

2 Likes

Every account has a level of attrition basically accounts getting removed from her account or people unfollowing her. If her account has less followers than unfollowers in a day, she has negative growth. Simple as that.

If she wants to avoid losses during “rest” periods for your services she needs to step up her game with organic growth. If you know how to help her there, this is a prime opportunity to upsell her on a consultation package

4 Likes

That is pretty normal. Numbers could even be higher.

2 Likes

I feel ya. I gain the most followers manually when I don’t post lol. It’s crazy nowadays

2 Likes

Many of the “lost followers” are bot accounts, or accounts that got PV and not verified yet. When they come back, you regain them as “followers”.

1 Like

Thanks a lot guys for the help, really appreciate!

Thanks for detailed post, ian.

Have few questions though.

A client posts on average 1 post daily or 1 post per 2 days, so i suppose thats not frequent? What would be your advise , I mean how often should she post to loose less? She is in art niche btw.

Also, about hashtags. She posts from 7 to 10 hashtags or so, so I think that this is not enough? Plus I didnt research for her any hashtags, so maybe you could recommend from where to buy hashtags research on this forum? Is it Mojojo?

“Instagram basically gave everyone a list of users to unfollow from their own profile, so expect everyone to use that frequently resulting in higher losses than ever before, on top of the shitty hide-your-posts from followers algorithm.”

Can you please explain a bit more on this? When I login on Instagram, where can I see the place where instagram offers me to unfollow other users?

And about hide your posts from followers algorithm, when does Instagram decide whether to hide post or not? And is it hided on hashtag posting list, or from his own followers or both?

Sorry for that many questions!

Btw, dont want to upsell consultation, because I dont think I can do something more besides paid hashtags research… At least I think so

if you hate insta, talk shit about insta, say nothing nice about insta – why you here and in the game? Insta is not shitty, nor is it going down the toilet. just saying

Instagram got way more expensive/harder to grow than before, you either need contacts ormoney or team to success fast nowadays,

But it’s still doable, with some time :pray:

1 Like

Hello mate! Can you tell any organic growth strategies for her to use while she is on a rest?

Should I buy hashtag research and tell her to use these good quality hashtags? So maybe by using more hashtags and more quality ones she can get more growth?

Also do you know more ways besides hashtags?

Another thing guys: one member mentioned here that instagram made for their users a thing like they are offering to their users to unfollow some of their followers, is that true?

And also he wrote that for some instagram users, once you make a post - not all of your followers see that your post or all of them dont see. Is that possible?

Well, guys, I still need your help in explaining to my client more in details why she looses. In fact, I more need some additional tips from you of how she could organically increase her followers while on resting days. I just got 1 idea:

1. Buy hashtag research and provide her really good quality hashtags.
  2. More ideas…?

yes. it’s natural.
the reason behind this is the content
you should be more careful about your niche .
sometime change in algorithm also sucks.
but i assure you that post 3 to 5 content regularly and not to forget about your niche.
if you follow my tips then your account will be in plus follower in no time.
if not then let me know

2 Likes

Nothing works better than the usual engagement. Like, follow and comment.

Everything else is hit and miss, unless you spend money on ads and shouts from real accounts, not the ones found on any “shouts for sale” platforms.

2 Likes