10+ Years of YouTube Marketing Experience: Ask Me Anything

TV series theories are very popular right now. Or facts. These videos can be made with just a microphone as well, as you can simply use images from the TV show(s) you’re talking about for the visual parts of the video. Toys might be a little difficult because they’re physical in nature, so you’d always have to be purchasing new toys to keep creating content. Food typically revolves around cooking tutorials, which can be quite difficult to create due to the different angles typically used during shooting, lighting, etc.

Thank you for the insight. Need to concept and organized the content right?

You’re welcome! Yes, I would take the time to sit down and come up with a more concrete plan in regards to the videos you want to create, the audience who you think will watch these videos (this will help you create better videos) and your upload frequency.

Thank you very much! I’m currently working on my thumbnails in order to get higher click through rates on the search results. Can I also please ask what are some of the things you do regarding on-page video SEO? I currently focus on adding the keyword I want to rank for (as well as other relevant keywords) a couple of times in the video description, the tags and of course the video title.

Glad I found this! I want to ask some questions.

• Do views with dedicated proxies count as views for Watch Hours (for Monetization)?
  • Do views with dedicated proxies count when you enable Monetization?
  • What about 4g proxies?

No problem!

This is always a good idea. Take a look through your channel analytics if you haven’t already and take note of the videos which had the highest CTR from YouTube search results, then take note of any similar characteristics present in the thumbnails (colors used, etc).

When it comes to on-page video SEO, I pretty much do what you do. Keyword and secondary keywords in the title, description, and tags in a natural and human-targeted fashion (human-targeted meaning metadata is natural and isn’t just stuffed full of keywords that make things difficult to read). The key is keyword selection. If you select keywords that are too competitive for the size of your channel, it doesn’t matter how well optimized your videos are, you’ll always struggle to rank high. I use TubeBuddy to check the competitiveness of keywords.

2 Likes

Yes, they do count. However, I don’t think views count after 3 viewing sessions. Meaning, if you want the same video 4 times, I believe only 3 of the views will count (I’m not 100% on this though).

It would depend on the location of the proxies and the traffic source (embedded, mobile, etc).

Views from these proxies would count as well.

I think the thing that one would need to be careful with if using proxies to boost views would be making things look natural. If views are constantly coming from the exact same I.P’s and no other I.P’s (because you aren’t getting any organic traffic) then issues might pop up (I think this is what SMM panels do, which is why so many have issues every few months).

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your answers! So let’s say if we buy 100 good proxies from somewhere and 300 from somewhere else. We can get the monetization done very fast.

Say a YouTuber gets on average 1 million views per video. How much money should I pay for them to talk about my product? is there some sort of rule of thumb when dealing with big YouTube influencers.

How would you describe fair use when you are using copyrighted content for a listicle type of video?

Also, do you think it’s necessary to switch your location to US if your content is in English? (and you are not from an English speaking country)

Thank you for your time!

No problem! This would be something worth trying for sure. I have not personally done this so I cannot guarantee a specific result, but it should work in theory.

1 Like

How targeted are the viewers and what is the objective of the brand deal (sales, lead generation, etc). Along with this, what is the price of the product (more expensive might equal less sales but a higher ROI). Also, how engaged is the audience? Look at their overall comments, likes, etc. but also their social media following to judge overall brand popularity.

1 Like

Most channels tend to give credit to the original source in the video in a lower-thirds layer. For example, if you want listicle videos from Watch Mojo, they’ll usually have “SOURCE:” in the corner of each image/video clip.

YouTube can tell you location based on your I.P address- channel location only really has an impact on “Trending” videos, and you’d be better off in a non-English speaking country from that standpoint. I wouldn’t worry about it!

1 Like

Thank you very much for all the tips, really appreciate it. I will start implementing everything you said ASAP!

This is so helpful! Thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions!

No problem!

Not a problem- always happy to help!

First of all, thanks you for taking your time to answer us:)
I want to ask some questions on how can I can use Jarvee to help my channel:

1. Is auto commenting(with spin syntax) a viable option to attract views/subscribers to my channel?
  2. How safe is to put a link to my channel in the comment
  3. How many comments it is around safe to do/day:)
  4. If I set up the other accounts to like my main account comment, it will get higher in the video’s comments? and if I will reach top positions, maybe I get more visibility…is this still a good strategy?
  5. Let’s say I have 10 other channels, on different proxies/gmail accounts. If I set them to watch daily my main channel videos/playlists, how many views can 1 channel do to my main, or at which interval youtube consider a new view from a specific channel?
  6. It is better to organize my videos in playlists and setup the watch time tool to watch a specific percentage of the entire list or a specific time? Or best practice is to set it up and watch 1 video at a time?

That’s all, thank you again for your time and I can’t wait your answers!

It definitely can be!

I don’t think this is a good idea- YouTube tends to place comments with links/URLs directly into the spam folder, meaning the comments will need approval in most cases.

This is something you’ll have to test with your setup, but think about how many comments a real user would leave in a day and go from there. I can’t imagine a real user would leave more than 2 comments an hour though, due to the time required to watch videos, etc.

This is definitely something worth trying out. Keep in mind that the uploader of the video that you comment on can remove your comment at any moment, so it’s worth learning how to effectively comment before going through the process of getting enough accounts ready to upvote your comments.

I’m not 100% sure about this, but I would imagine 1 view on 1 video every 24 hours would be fine. Meaning, if you watched 10 different videos in 1 day, you’d get 1 view on each of the 10. But, if you were to watch the same video over and over again, maybe 5 times over, only 1-2 views would probably count.

If possible, definitely the playlist option.

3 Likes

thank you for your answers!

1 Like

Thanks for making this thread,
im making a creative arts platform as a sort of community. I have lots of creative contacts based in London who ill be interviewing in a podcast for youtube, the quality will be good and im sure other creatives will want to watch it. What are the basic ways to reach out to others as a new youtube channel as im guessing the videos wont get many views as we are not known on the platform yet