125k Followings WTF 🤷‍♂️

Was just looking through some of my IG stats when I came across this nugget… when I saw it in my spreadsheet I was like ‘something going wrong here, that can’t be right’. So I checked in IG and low and behold:

I’mma show this to my clients next time I wanna illustrate how IG is crazy buggy :joy:

4 Likes

wtf? lol what is this

Thats an old account they had different limits. If I remember right Pre 2012 there were no limits for followings. But looks funny there is a thread about it some follow millions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There was a post here years back … 3. Million following … Possibly someone can find it

3 Likes

find courtesy of @skinnygirl

4 Likes

2 Likes

I wonder what’s the Instagram account with more followings and how many :thinking:

What are the limits today?

13 characters

2 Likes

I half-remembered seeing that post but didn’t find it so figured I imagined it and dropped this one lol. Thanks for digging that up though, 4.3 Mil followings is insane! @SkinnyGirl is still the winner for finding that one :slight_smile:

[EDIT: fixed typo)

3 Likes

They would have had to follow 2,300 people per day for 5 years straight to be following that many.

5 Likes

Now that you mention it and do the math, yeah, it’s even crazier to consider how they ended up with that many. Maybe they where early with the botting and it was possible to push out like 5K follows per day back then? Maybe some of the old-old timers know.

2 Likes

When I started it was always capped at being able to follow 7,500 accounts max. But with how IG has changed, I would say it was entirely possible. I used to have insane settings just 3 years ago.

1 Like

Here’s another one… just insane. I could never understand it.

3 Likes
4 Likes