2 twitter accounts. Best ways to use one account to promote the other?

I have 2 twitter accounts. Both fall in the same general niche. One is my brand and the other is a passion based account. I’m trying to use the passion based account to slowly help build my brand page.

I was thinking of this idea and wondering if anyone else had tried it. Using MP to post to my brand page and then retweet that on my passion page. Problems I’m facing:

1. I only want certain posts from my brand page to be retweeted on my passion page, not all the posts. (How can I get around this in MP setup?)

2. I already have MP set to retweet on my passion page from about 7 other accounts. Not really wanting to throw this into the same mix as these other accounts.

Any suggestions would be great. Also, if anyone has any other ideas on how they’re using two accounts together that would be great!

1 Like

You can use the source ‘Retweet from specific Tweets based on Tweet URL’ and just add the tweets you want to retweet from your brand page

Are you saying you don’t want to add your brand page as a source for your passion retweet tool?

1 Like

I believe that is correct. If I choose to retweet from tweets based on tweet URL I need to wait until the tweets in my Brand page post and then plug the url into my passion retweet tool. Is that correct?

I already have 7 other sources for my passion retweet tool. I’m assuming these retweets would just go into the same que/time as the other retweets. If that’s the case, I’m not sure that is something I want to do. I’d rather have a unique retweet schedule for these posts if possible.

Yup, that’s pretty much it.

We don’t really recommend this as it’s risky, so do it at your own discretion. You can add a new profile for your Passion account, this account you’ll use exclusively for the purpose of retweeting your brand page, just make sure that you set a different interval than your current passion retweet tool.

1 Like

**[quote=“mntmp, post:1, topic:5249, full:true”]

I have 2 twitter accounts. Both fall in the same general niche. One is my brand and the other is a passion based account. I’m trying to use the passion based account to slowly help build my brand page.

1. I only want certain posts from my brand page to be retweeted on my passion page, not all the posts. (How can I get around this in MP setup?)

[/quote]

1. put a dummy hashtag on the tweets that you want to retweet. it can be anything, i. e. #mybrandname, #sharingiscaring etc., and only retweet the ones that have this hashtag
4 Likes

Good idea - which retweet option would I use for that? keyword?

1 Like

Use this

If you used a dummy hashtag that only you will ever use, that’s all you need to do.

But if you’re using a dummy hashtag that some other people might use, you should use something like this:

2 Likes

I love this idea. What is mntmp stand for? unless that is the handle of the account?

mnt = mountain
mp = massplanner

i live in the mountains

2 Likes