5 mistakes to AVOID on IG

The topic of how to grow your instagram best possible is hotter than ever on this board.
We all on this forum have a common goal. We all want to create solid and well-functioning profiles on social media.
My strongest side is the Instagram platform, which is why this guide will be dedicated to IG.

Let’s jump right into it.

It truely has become harder to attract quality followers. There are some good reasons for that. Why you ask? That I shall try to elaborate for you.

On one side, we have these incredibly talented, out-of-the-box and creative thinking users who are able to create quality content that stands out significantly from those who are unable to perform similar work and only rely on content from others. Content on IG which is unique is CRUCIAL. Mark my words on that.

On the other hand, it has also become truely more difficult to use the force of automation on Instagram.
The good old days when almost anyone and everyone could easily and painlessly make use of automation software to attract new followers are long overdue. Here, too, the skilled have been able to survive and those who were less good have had to put automation on the shelf, because they keep hitting a wall.

It’s no secret that in order to seem interesting and seen on Instagram, you must master these two factors to fall back on.

1. Content
  2. Network.

“Master your content and network”.

Content is paramount. It was once possible to copy paste content from others and thus attract followers, but today people have become much more aware. The community has grown intelligently, the same goes for the platform. Users prefer following and spending time on something that is unique! Not to say that it is impossible to repost content and attract new followers, but this method is not so effective way anymore and will therefore work to a limited extent.
If you want to be seen, you are better of creating your own content according to the niche you have chosen to base your profile around.

When it comes to networking, you have 2 options. Either create your own network and operate using a tool like JV, Or as an alternative you can team up with others in your niche and promoting each other’s profiles.
Personally, I like to be independent. I therefor like to have my own network. Remember that when you have your own well-functioning network, you can independently promote your content and in addition use the opportunity to promote the interests of others through your network and profit from it too!

Above mentioned two factors and the demands of the majority of instagram users have clearly put an end to the everyday warriors and allowed only the samurais to survive.

I will now list 5 tips for you which you should try AVOID doing on instagram better to be seen and have a greater reach.

1. Do not waste the time of your followers! Only present content that values ​​their time! When your followers spend 15 seconds to 1 minute of their time viewing your posts, then it should be usableto them. With this on mind, DO NOT post just to post. The content must be in order.

2. AVOID only using technical language and words. Try using everyday language so that more people can relate to your content.

3. AVOID inconsistency. Post content continuously and every day. Up to several times if possible. The fact that you do not post regularly means that the algorithm does not show your profiles optimally to your followers. Also remember to use the story feature. By following this advice, you will prevent the communication chain between your followers and you breaking.

4. Avoid posting ONLY pictures or ONLY videos. Mix it up. Post both photos and videos and make sure the message in these is easy to understand for your followers.
    Finally when posting make use of various filters and options instagram offers. This could be hashtags, post videos using Reels etc. One thing that is important to keep in mind on Instagram is that every time the platform presents a new feature, the use of the new feature tends to spread your post to even more users, as this helps to promote the platform’s new feature. This is in the interest of IG and they will reward you for it. Take advantage of this opportunity, everything else will be a waste.

5. Avoid reposting content that you have previously used. Make sure you have something new to offer and be on the cutting edge. It is a really good idea to have the content you intend to present planned. Maybe one day at a time or one week at a time. Remember to be CREATIVE, CREATIVE and CREATIVE again, because you want and need to stand out.

Remember only, and I litterally mean only the most consistent users will survive.

Best of luck to everyone.

8 Likes

good tips man, thanks for the share :+1: :+1:

My pleasure brother. Glad you find it useful.

Amazing stuff, thanks for the tips Micky :pray:

@Jaha I appreciate your kind words. Thank you.

Interesting way of sharing suggestions, instead of saying what users should do, you pointed what should be avoided. :slight_smile:

What you said really makes sense. We often get carried way with plans and strategies about sources, best times to to follow, post, what actions to do in order to create more engagement, etc., but we forget to invest time in creating content that will actually “sell” our account to potential followers. Good points, thanks!

Also good tactic that you mentioned is to use new features and to keep up with the new features and additions, if possible be amongst early adopters and take advantage of the potential boost that IG will give you for using their new features :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nicely spotted @Bianca! You just caught one the main ideas creating this topic!
The majority of people find things that they should avoid doing interesting or atleast they don’t mind stepping back for a second to see what it is about!

I am happy you found this thread useful my friend :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the tips, Micky!

1 Like

@InvasorDePastos My pleasure buddy. Welcome to this forum

1 Like

Really interesting, thanks for the share :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

Thanks for the share, Micky!

1 Like

That networking tip is a good one! The problem is making enough unique content for multiple pages.

As you say, content is number one!

Funnily, there are many similarities between this and the advice for advertising and copywriting - I’m learning a lot by reading books from the founders/workers of big agencies etc

1 Like

My pleasure glad you liked it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you sir :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the thumbs up.

You are doing yourself a favor reading these books. But the things you learn, make em happen. Step by step. One thing is theoretical knowledge, another thing id putting it all in life.
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I’m a great one for finding out everything I can, planning loads, and then not actually following through with the ideas :joy:

niceshare ,you areright about repost people consume content dfferently now , have you ever partnered with competitor ,he creates content and you promote t (choose right hashtags,give ideas on caption,vido…to make it more engaging.,schedulposts,getting traffic to acc…)

mean like client management but more as partnership rather than service you sell