5xx Server Error Instagram

Maybe it was another huge AWS outage.

I love when this happens because you get headlines like this…

1 Like

should we stop MP for insta? does it request tons of invalid URLs or it knows when to not request?

Well, to be safe I would stop it. You can’t make those requests if it’s down as a human.

Yes, it is more safe to stop all MP actions

1 Like

mine is still down across all boards

Web browsers I get the 5xx error but I can see pages on my phone. Wierd

@wortime it was a funny read thought it was older news :smiley:

1 Like

Ya for some reason now all my proxies are saying that they have a proxy error but i can browse to the sites when i go to the eb for any of them… Even the one im trying to ping when i try to verify them all (using bing.com) W/e il just say its a mp error. probably trivial shit. what u think @johnny?

It’ll be interesting to see what the root cause was, last few times it was AWS and someone deleted a “few” servers.

This time AWS is showing no fault except at 5 am ish in Oregon.

It was, thought it was current so I deleted it.

From a browser on your phone or is it the app and it says “cannot refresh feed?”

It works now (instagram.com)

http://downdetector.com/status/instagram a lot of down reports i see

1 Like

Yeah, app is back up (for me) website still down.

EDIT: Website is coming back online. I wonder who did what, an AWS guy or a FB guy. Either way, that’s going to be one hell of a major incident report.

It’s down for me now. Malaysia here

1 Like

It’ll come back online soon. This thing was red all over.

http://downdetector.com/status/instagram/map/

everythig is okay now guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

It isn’t here in the UK. All down down down! Somebody is getting fired at instagram towers! :flushed:

1 Like

It depends on what the issue was/is. If it was AWS, and server related then they have to restart in sequence, or are rebuilding one by one… If it was on their routing, they have to relearn the routes/IP tables.

When you are talking about over 1 billion plus unique IP’s worldwide, it takes some time.

EDIT: My IT verbiage/knowledge is going away at an alarming rate. But it’s still true.

3 Likes

everything’s still fu**** on my end.