Account creation - Fresh sim get "Phone number already used"

Hi there.

We’re creating accounts with fresh sim cards.

We use fresh VM’s with bluestack installed and we make sure all the identifiers are unique (Device ID, GUID, Advertising ID, etc. etc.) and we use a new IP every time (3g connection).

Somehow some accounts get the “phone number already used” errors, even though we use a fresh sim card that has never been used before.

Any idea’ what is going on here, and how we can resolve this? Are we missing something?

That can happen ofcourse… I am wondering what will happen if I let my current batch with simcards expire.

I once made a IG account, and attached a simcard to it. Suddenly I got a lot of new friend suggestions, all very local and almost all from the same region. Never saw that before. If you make 100 accounts in a row then you know what you can expect. But I guess the simcard (or better to say; the phone number) was used before.

Yeah, probably you bought sim cards which was used by the previous owner to validate their IG accounts. :slight_smile:

very unlucky, get another sims and keep working

Yes it’s possible. I received few months ago a SMS with you can pick up your mattress.

I sended SMS back is it paid? He told me i must pay it in store. Nothing sended anymore😬

This is strange. Other people can’t see the numbers or search with mobile number.

2 Likes

Its a common practice here in the Philippines, not sure in other countries. If the number wasn’t used for 1-2 years the mobile providers reactivates the number for sale again in a new simcard. I think that’s what you have right now cause you are already taken care of the UIDs.

How about the Cookies and cache? On the other hand. Maybe IG got new advancement and its detecting that you have an emulator and are checking different things in your computer instead of the bluestacs now. We may never know :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you make an account and attach your phone it will suggest friends based on your contacts (I think) and Facebook friends, also based on phone numbers.
If you use that same phone number for another account it will suggest the same friends. I think that is what happened.

1 Like