Adv and Pod, discussion

Hello people,
I have two doubts that I think this forum can help me.
Firstly, I read on this forum that if we buy adv on Instagram that kind of action can reduce drastically our engagement because Instagram knows that we spend money on it, that kind of thinking makes any sense but in the last weeks I have read a lot of people writing to some users to spend some money on adv, so what is the general opinion about adv should we bought them or not?

Second, a friend of mine told me that he still uses pods to launch their content on the explorer page, pods have stilled working to boot up the content to the explorer page?

Thank you all :slight_smile:

That with artificially lowering reach after using Instagram Ads, maybe was true in previous times, but nobody can bring proof towards the one or the other direction.

But now in 2020 after all their changes with blocks, limits and automation, Instagram has either way limited SO much our reach, that it can’t be worst after you run an ad !!!

So, IMO some accounts need to use ads now and then.

About pods and whether they help with the explorer I don’t know, sure thing is they bring engagement.

It’s only really Instagram feed ads that will decrease reach from followers, and even this only lasts for 2-3 weeks, so once the cool-down is over you’re pretty much good to go. Even then, I rarely notice ER drops after using ads anyway.