All of my posts are gone after reactivation

Hello there,
I deactivated my instagram account about 4 years ago and this week I decided to reactivate my account. Surprisingly, I have seen all my posts are gone and only ‘followers’ and ‘following’ section remain the same although instagram claims deactivation will not affect posts/data.

I have contacted instagram help and reported the problem but so far no replies!!

Is there anything I should do or do you guys think I should just wait, grin and bear it for longer?

It looks like it’s happening because of the reactivation process. Try waiting for about a day or two and see how it goes. You may check this out for reference:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.

In fact, it has been five days now but none of my posts are back!

I’ll deactivate my account again to see if that helps. In the link you’ve kindly mentioned, it is also recommended to deactivate and reactive once again. I, however, cannot do that now as the instagram only allows this process to be done once a week.

So you’ll re-activate it again next week?

Well, that’s the only option I have!

data removing should not happen after deactivation/reactivating accounts i did that many times i had no issues so it’s strange what happened there, I guess you should keep contacting them until you get a clear answer of what happened there.

I know that’s quite weird. I have been contacting the IG through the app itself but no replies whatsoever. Do you know by any chance if there is any other means of communications with IG headquarters or related departments?

The only way to contact them is via the support request form, then they will send you an email to which you can reply to after

No, just by filling up a form, that’s the only way.

Could you please let me know where I can find the ‘support request form’ to fill in? I cannot find it.

This is where I go to report the problem: settings- Help- Report a Problem. Once I tap on ‘Report a Problem’ it gives me 3 options:

-Spam or Abuse
-Something Isn’t Working
-General Feedback

And I report the problem in ‘Something Isn’t Working’ section. In fact, in the ‘Help’ section, there is ‘Support Requests’ but nothing to fill in!?

Appreciate your help!

Could you please let me know where I can find the ‘support request form’? I cannot find it.

This is where I go to report the problem: settings- Help- Report a Problem. Once I tap on ‘Report a Problem’ it gives me 3 options:

-Spam or Abuse
-Something Isn’t Working
-General Feedback

And I report the problem in ‘Something Isn’t Working’ section. In fact, in the ‘Help’ section, there is ‘Support Requests’ but nothing to fill in!?

Appreciate your help!

You may try the methods listed here [UPDATED 2021] How Do I Contact Facebook Support When I Need Help? - SocMedSean - Social Media Sean

Check out this thread [MAY/JUNE 2020 FIX] "Help Us Confirm You Own This Account" [SOLUTION] Go to the Login page, click on Forgot password, enter your username, then click on Need more help? if you get redirected to the help page, it means you don’t have access to the support request form.

None of the methods were related to the problem I’ve got but thank you so much for your help.

Didn’t work. The problem still exists; it’s been more than a week now but none of my posts are back. Thanks for your help.

You might want to read this blog: https://www.copykatywright.com/instagram-posts-disappeared/

Never saw this happening. Like @Jessi said try to contact them in other ways. I have an email for a local consultant from facebook but if you dont have a direct email try it via Linkedin filtering local consultants or order some ads for this or another account you own and try to contact them through the ad manager. You will be a client the moment you order an advertisment it should be easier to get through to a real person. Once you are in dialogue they are really helpful in your case and if your data is still there they can help you getting it back.