Anyone else run their child accounts on EB?

i like to organize 3 groups. mains, child, scrapers. mains are obvious, child accounts set up to scrape followers of target accounts with results feeding to mains with settings of smaller scrape operations, but more frequently run on EB. scrapers on api doing all the dirty work.
seems to spread out calls well, and keeps me organized.

1 Like

What do you do with your main accounts ?

Your child accounts doing scraper’s job ?

1 Like

mains execute actions while scrapers eat the calls. childs delegate scraping actions to my scrapers and send to mains without eating api calls as theyre also on eb. it keeps child accounts in good shape and spreads calls over a wider group of scrapers.

I think the work of the child accounts is not necessary, you could do that via the scrapers directly since they will be doing the most important thing, and you can use the EB in the mains.

I don’t understand the strategy you are using, and I don’t understand how the child accounts will help the main accounts!!

True. Talking about child accounts and automating the mains, I just don’t get it

I totally agree with what they said, if you already have scrapers and if you set your main to use EB most of the API calls will be done by the scrapers.

When a tool needs a scraper account, a scraper account that has done the fewest number API calls in that hour will be picked by JV, so i personally don’t see the need of using child accounts to send scraped users to the main accounts. does your child accounts run the follow tool the whole day?

If I got it correctly, are you using the tagname method for scrapers?

If yes, then you can directly input the sources on the main accounts if you already have dedicated scrapers running on API.

I also think there’s confusion on the naming convention since the accounts you wish to grow are called main/mother while the accounts you will use to support these accounts (eg. to scrape the users/perform API calls on behalf of the mains) are called dummy/slave/scraper/child.

I would say you can use just scrapers and main only you have added an additional cost that is not necessary in this case which is the child accounts.

lol. so much controversy. i do what i do to disperse api calls as evenly as possible. i also like the way it keeps my targets in order. i realize that there may be other ways to do this, but my scrapers die so rarely that i will never change.