Anyone experiencing an increase of fake/weird followers lately?

Hi guys,

Is anyone experiencing an increase in fake/weird followers lately? Thank you

1 Like

Nope, how big the increase is? Perhaps someone wants to kill your account’s trust score :frowning:

Thank you.
I have had like + 25K in 3 weeks followers coming from Iran mostly. I have a business account but unfortunately i cant stop it nor go private as instagram wont allow it.

You’re not allowed to go private? You should be allowed to do that.

Or do you mean private and keep the business side of the account with insights and all stats…?

Properly a competitor who is trying to kill your engagement.
Business accounts can’t be put into private as you mentioned.
Your only solution would be to turn your account back to personal first and then private.

25K followers is good amount to kill your ER.
You may even loose your ER permanently.

Thank you, We are extremely frustrated because there is nothing we can do about it. I tried to switch the account to personal but it didn’t work, that’s probably because we are verified and running ads.

I tried to switch the account to private but it didn’t work.

Well there you have the explanation.
Private instagram accounts are not eligible to apply for the verified badge. Accounts must be registered to a real person, or a registered business or entity.
Unfortunately this is the downside og IG. As anyone can ruin your ER by sending you fake engagement.

Your solution will be reporting it to instagram. Put in time of start if possible. As much information as possible. As a verified profile, chances of your report being taken care of is bigger than ordinary profiles which is close to zero in these cases.

Go to Facebook support under your ads acc and go for a conversation via Facebook messenger with an agent, tell him about your problem, it’s not right especially if you pay for ads.

Hi,

Thank you I did twice but so far no answer.

I didn’t notice this. Did you notice any pattern in how these profiles look? Have you consider to start blocking them? Maybe this would help. You have Block tool in Jarvee where you can use some filters in order to block only those followers that match certain filters that you set.

1 Like

Thank you. Yes the pattern is the same
it is profile that comes from Iran, but really can’t seem to understand where it come from. I have deleted some and block some too, but manually it is very complicated. I have heard various things about Jarvee, so not sure if that would be beneficial or not.

They have free trial and great customer support, you can try it out. For me it was only beneficial, I’ve been using it for quite some time.

1 Like

Thank you. I will try it.

1 Like