Anyone Here Built Their Own Bot?

I’m currently contracting a friend to custom build something, I don’t want to go too much into detail right off the bat but I was just curious if anyone here has ever built out their own bot- and if so:

1. What were your goals? (Comments, Follows, Mix, etc.)
  2. What were your pitfalls?
  3. How much maintenance was required after the initial build…?

Any other info on custom builds would be much appreciated.

2 Likes

Im interested in this too. What is the best language to learn to make bots? Python? I really need a tiktok bot but can’t find any :frowning:

3 Likes

So I’ve had someone make a python bot for me but the biggest issue was the fact that Instagram constantly changes so unless you can constantly update to go divert their algorithm doing it yourself is extremely hard. So yeah maintenance is a real bitch to handle

3 Likes

Was it more language changes, or actual algorithm changes that related to action blocks that led to more maintenance needed…?

1 Like

Algo changes and even small nuances like the way they change their layout

2 Likes

Was your bot essentially running a browser?

2 Likes

I have been working on some automation software in Kotlin, using the Instagram4J library. Slightly rough around the edges but if you know how to program you might find it valuable. It’s open source and available on github:

I have run into challenges with instagram’s recent focus on blocking bot activity. I’ve come up with a solution that seems to be working pretty well, but I’m not sure I should post about it on the level 1 forum, and I don’t think I really have the time to spend here to get to level 2 or 3.

Edit: actually, L2 is easier than i thought…
Edit2: no it’s not, one of the pages that describes the levels is wrong

5 Likes

you will need android experts and 3-5 good eng to get a good bot. security also is a big issue.

2 Likes

what do you mean by 3-5 good eng?

1 Like

If you have a good solution/info i think we can help you to achieve/move to LVL 2. I remember it happened previously with one user recently.

1 Like

i have in rust/go. i stopped and abandoned the project in July after the updates hitting all non-insta apps.
no bot goes unnoticed.

1 Like

I’ve built my own bot with 2 friends, it does everything through API. The major maintenance happens when Instagram does their big updates, apart from that is just minor fixes and resolving internal bugs.

2 Likes

i found one if you are interested

1 Like

yup, have maybe 3 or 5 custom bots created for me (IG related), but none of them does f/unf etc. Mostly viral content finders, follow source scrapers, lead gen, etc…

2 Likes

For TikTok

1:
tokker.ru
2:

The ones i know for TikTok

have you tried both? How do they compare to autotokker?

2 Likes

only used the 2 there. tokker is nice because it likes comments as well

1 Like

And you don’t do f/uf on your account even new ones ?

I have no problems with that

Is it safe having your account logged in on a different device?