Anyone noticed Instagram organic reach decrease?

I have an insane reach drop on my niche accounts and its becoming very hard, reels are the only thing that get some reach, and i get alot of unfollows too

totally agree , using reel to get what i want right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hm. The worst period seems to be over already. Instagram started adding recommendations into usersā€™ feed. Therefore our reach got almost back.

As for the reels, some time ago they were not shown up by hashtags, and now they are. Thus they also get a good reach.

Iā€™ve always had recommendations/suggestions on my feed, Iā€™m not sure if there was a time that it disappeared. On the last bullet from https://help.instagram.com/1986234648360433, there are guidelines there on how they pick suggested posts. So, thereā€™s still a chance that your post reaches othersā€™ feed if they meet those criteria.

Aaaaand in case they really limited the items on the feed, I think thatā€™s their tactic to promote using sponsored ads so that you will be forced to spend so others can see your postsā€¦however, itā€™s been discussed here before that those who used sponsored ads experienced decrease in engagementā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your experience.

As for recommended posts in the feed. They of course were always present. But first after the update, those suggestions arrived in the bottom, after I have scrolled down through all my subscriptions. And now they are back in the top part of the list.

BTW, Iā€™ve noticed a slight change recently. Two weeks ago Instagram used to sort of explain, why they thought a post would be relevant for me. Smth. like ā€˜as soon as you liked that, we thought youā€™d like thisā€™. They now dropped these explanations, and just say that this is a recommendation.

As for the organic reach reduction in order to get more paid advertising. I never noticed that accounts being promoted for money get lower organic reach. But of course Instagram has to somehow balance paid and organic data in their feed, otherwise people will stop using it.

1 Like

From what ive noticed in organic growing is that the smaller the account, the higher the engagement and as the account grows the E.R drops. I guess this is due to how many people like the post within the first few hours.

When one of my accounts passed 100k the growth dropped immensely and ever since it hasnā€™t been the same. Canā€™t hit the same hashtags or anything.

My GF art account I am starting mother/ slave on. Had 500 follows and was getting 300+ likes per post. Now itā€™s 1000 after less than a week of M/s and the latest posts are averaging at about the same likes.

Its definitely something to do with hashtags/ explorer as most of the likes etc was from hashtags before I started ms and now its mostly followers engaging. But obviously shes not hitting the tags as much and getting the boost.

1 Like

That was always true. And yes, the more followers on the account, the less ER it gets.