Are shoutouts worth it?

Planning to spend around $400 to get 10 shoutouts on accounts with 2-3 million followers. They think I will be able to gain approximately 20-30k followers with these shoutouts. Now my question is, is it worth it? Or should I focus on other ways than spending that amount of money?

Edit:
To everyone saying $40 is way too low for 2mn account shoutouts:

1. These are third world country followers so the price is usually lower.
  2. These accounts have an average of 10k likes per post so well, the engagement is not that good after all.

Are you sure about your estimations ?

Shoutouts at this price seem extremely cheap to me, you probably won’t find any account who’ll shoutout for 40$ on a 2mil page :thinking:

But if you found 10 of them with a nice & real engagement, just rush for it, you found gold mate :gun:

That it’s completely unlikely. You will never get that many followers from 10 shoutouts with that amount of followers. Either they mixing up normal shoutouts with giveaways (then this number might be possible, but quality of followers is low) or they will buy you fakes to get to those numbers. In worst case they just take your money and run :upside_down_face:

All depends on your niche, 400usd for 20K is normal price, and I assume that they will use a network to do the shoutouts. You can find some networks that will do as many shoutouts as they need to get you the followers you paid for. We tried a few lately and we got between 1K-3K per day.

1 Like

I honestly doubt you will gain that many followers from 10 shoutouts alone unless you’re planning to do a giveaway.

I never find accounts with 2-3 million followers that charge around USD 40 per shoutout too. Even stories would cost more than USD 40.

To everyone saying $40 is way too low for 2mn account shoutouts:

1. These are third world country followers so the price is usually lower.
  2. These accounts have an average of 10k likes per post so well, the engagement is not that good after all.

For eCommerce, shoutouts are definitely worth it. If you already have a content/shop mixed account you might be able to push sales and increase your follower base at the same time. But those things depend heavily on the type and quality of content.

If you plan to use that as a core strategy for growth it is definitely essential to buy multiple shootouts at once. Thankfully most “influencers” get tricked by big numbers and are more likely to drop the prices if the total purchase sum is higher then a single shoutout.

In case you are working in a competitive eCommerce niche, I highly recommend getting exclusive shoutout rights on the accounts for a specific period of time. This way you can lock-in good working account for your niche and prevent other competitors from marketing on those accounts that give you a good return of investment.

1 Like

please dm me about this, very interested if you can help i can pay you