At how many followers should you start to advertise?

right now i have 10 accounts that’s around 10k followers .
Lets say your goal is to dropship at how many followers do you guys start to advertise?
it dose not have to be drop shipping it can be anything like cpa or selling shirts via teespring!

1 Like

If your audience is active and organic, you can already start proposing to companies, try to do a search for companies that you like in your niche, and send them or a presentation Dm with a media kit, or send a email, I advise you immediately to request a fee, even if small, but if you start making it free you will never be paid by anyone

2 Likes

yes they are organic and thanks for the tips! :grinning:

1 Like

And most brands will ignore anyone under 20k, in my experience 99% of the time. So asking for money when you don’t have the numbers isn’t going to do anything but get you ignored, laughed at, or blocked.

Edit: But yes, I agree, trying to achieve what you want to do is never a bad thing, but don’t have high expectations unless you’re big enough to “deserve” them, because all brands care about for advertising at least are metrics. If you don’t have lots of followers (whatever they currently deem as popular enough) you won’t get the time of day.

I’ve been burned by at least 45 out of 50 branded requests, and only one resulted in anything, and it was a collab for zero. Not that I’ll tell other brands that, but you can’t expect a lot if you don’t have a lot to provide.

2 Likes

i see what you mean. but in my case i don’t know if i want to advertise other brands and companies things. I’m thinking like opening a shopify store or something. do you think 10k is too early to open one?

1 Like

If you’re just doing that, there’s no reason not to do it from day 1. I mean you won’t be generating as much with 1 account, but you’ll still have some potential from the beginning vs having to rely on others to get there at an undetermined point in the future.

2 Likes

ok i don’t think i agree with starting with shopify from day 1. when people go in to a page with a shopify link in the bio and a couple of ads and only have like 1k followers they wont follow so i don’t think that’s a good way of growing. the way i think of it is that if i post like a add once or twice a week or so.
I have 10 accounts in the same niche

2 Likes

Yes, but in this world full of fake and full of robots, if one has 10k organic and can really bring traffic, and shows it to a company, because you should not have credibility, you certainly can not expect to be paid so much, but at least a minimum you can request it

2 Likes

I read it as him having 10 accounts with 10k combined, which is where I was coming from… but @blommen if you’ve got a single one at 10k, then it’s worth approaching people, just with lowered expectations.

1 Like

haha ok. i have 10 accounts with 10k each so i have 100k in total i guess xD

1 Like

You could first try to shout-out by offering a package of 10 accounts.
You could then rely on people who want to sell on instagram by offering your page as advertising, in exchange for advertising.
You could create a sales page where you sell other people’s products.

2 Likes

Usually around 20k is the number, but I’ve had brands contact me before I hit that number so it all depends